Reportedly US President Donald Trump on Monday said that he had discussed the Kashmir issue with Prime Minister Narendra modi on Sunday night, and was told by modi that the situation is under control. When addressing the media ahead of their 45-minute bilateral on the sidelines of the G7, modi conveyed clearly that issues between india and pakistan are bilateral in nature and there was no need for third party mediation, as both countries were capable of solving their problems together.
To a question on Kashmir, Trump said: “Well, we spoke last night about Kashmir, and Prime Minister modi feels that he has it under control; and now when they speak with pakistan I’m sure they will be able to do something. They will be able to do something probably very good.” modi, asked a question on Kashmir, said: “india and pakistan have several bilateral issues. And after the election of Prime Minister imran khan, I told him that both our countries have to fight against poverty, illiteracy, backwardness and both should work for the betterment of our people. And I have conveyed this to President Trump as well, and we keep discussing our bilateral issues.”
He also made clear that “all issues between india and pakistan are bilateral, and we can find solutions between ourselves through dialogue”. Trump had told reporters in the White House: “Kashmir is a very complicated place. You have the Hindus, and you have the Muslims, and I wouldn’t say they get along so great. And that’s what you have right now.”
NRIs with financial goals to invest more in India Reportedly a global recession is looming around the corner; the Brexit October deadline is coming up soon; the China-US trade war is far from reaching a conclusion, and there is a strong demand slowdown in India with growth estimates being revised downwards. Gold is the best performing asset class with uncertainty at record highs. These are samples of the headlines that investors worldwide have been exposed to in the last few weeks.
- International migration is largely male, while domestic migration is feminized and marriage-driven
- Indian consulate Embassy list steps for normalcy in Kashmir
- Did Jolly Thomas, serial cyanide killer of Kozhikode, suffer from a personality disorder?
- How this Indian origin Millionaire who was kidnapped, found dead?
- Sundar Pichai teaches US workers technical skills with Ivanka Trump
- US Congresswoman says Life Saving Medical Care must end in Kashmir
- NRIs with valid Indian passport can apply for Aadhaar without 182 day waiting period
- Washington looking to see strategy by India to restore full political life in Kashmir
- Trump said Modi can take care of Pakistan sponsored terror
- Trump again inflamed a controversy over India and Pakistan
- Kashmiri Pandit Community met PM Modi at Houston
- Why Hollywood superstar Brad Pitt enquired NASA about Chandrayaan 2?
- Trump joins Modi at Houston, a message to the world
- Social Media identify to be provided to Green Card or US Citizenship applicants
- Visitors from NASA to visit ISRO