San Francisco sources stated that California Senator Kamala Harris has apologized following criticism that the Democrat presidential candidate laughed at an offensive remark about President Donald Trump. “When my staff played the video from my town hall yesterday (Friday), it was upsetting. I didn’t hear the words the man used in that moment, but if I had I would’ve stopped and corrected him. I’m sorry. That word and others like it aren’t acceptable. Ever,” Harris, who is of Indian and Jamaican descent, said in a tweet on Friday.
According to US media reports, the incident took place during a town hall on Friday in New Hampshire, when a person in the audience while posing a question at Harris called Trump’s actions “mentally retarded”, to which she replied, “well said”. A video of the incident went viral on social media on Saturday, which garnered widespread criticism online.
American deaf actor and actor Nyle DiMarco said on Twitter that the “R-word is unacceptable. It is a slur, an insult… Kamala should have handled this better”. A Twitter user wrote: “Cannot stand Trump but Kamala Harris joke about him being mentally retarded (which she claims she didn’t hear) is b******t. I’m convinced politicians are becoming the power hungry bottom of the barrel of humanity. Disgusting.”
NRIs with financial goals to invest more in India Reportedly a global recession is looming around the corner; the Brexit October deadline is coming up soon; the China-US trade war is far from reaching a conclusion, and there is a strong demand slowdown in India with growth estimates being revised downwards. Gold is the best performing asset class with uncertainty at record highs. These are samples of the headlines that investors worldwide have been exposed to in the last few weeks.
- International migration is largely male, while domestic migration is feminized and marriage-driven
- Indian consulate Embassy list steps for normalcy in Kashmir
- Did Jolly Thomas, serial cyanide killer of Kozhikode, suffer from a personality disorder?
- How this Indian origin Millionaire who was kidnapped, found dead?
- Sundar Pichai teaches US workers technical skills with Ivanka Trump
- US Congresswoman says Life Saving Medical Care must end in Kashmir
- NRIs with valid Indian passport can apply for Aadhaar without 182 day waiting period
- Washington looking to see strategy by India to restore full political life in Kashmir
- Trump said Modi can take care of Pakistan sponsored terror
- Trump again inflamed a controversy over India and Pakistan
- Kashmiri Pandit Community met PM Modi at Houston
- Why Hollywood superstar Brad Pitt enquired NASA about Chandrayaan 2?
- Trump joins Modi at Houston, a message to the world
- Social Media identify to be provided to Green Card or US Citizenship applicants
- Visitors from NASA to visit ISRO