thiruvananthapuram sources stated that the three patients from kerala, who were also the only confirmed cases of novel coronavirus reported from india, have fully recovered from the disease, which is now called COVID-2019. kerala Finance minister Thomas Isaac, on friday, said that central agencies have declared all three coronavirus patients to have fully recovered. “Just as in the case of Nipah, kerala has won the battle with coronavirus. All the three patients identified have been confirmed by central authorities to have fully recovered,” said the minister said in his tweet.
kerala was the only state in the country to have reported positive cases of coronavirus so far. All the three patients are students who returned from wuhan City in the Hubei Province of china, which is the epicentre of the coronavirus outbreak. Recently the state government had declared on thursday that the first two reported cases students from thrissur and alappuzha have fully recovered. The patient from alappuzha has been discharged from the hospital. The third positive case, a student hailing from Kasaragod district in kerala, has also been tested negative after a re-test. The third patient, however, continues to be under observation.
Moreover minister Thomas Isaac also said in his tweet that no secondary spread of coronavirus was reported in the state. Congratulating the health Department for its efforts, he said that the number of patients under quarantine at homes and observation in hospitals has also come down drastically. Perhaps Kerala’s recovery has, in fact, given a message out to other countries that, with proper isolation and quarantine measures, the spread of the COVID-2019, which has claimed down thousands of lives in china alone, can be arrested.