Reserve Bank of India Governor Raghuram Rajan's announcement of not seeking a second term couple of days back came as shock to all investors across the world.
Economists and analysts expressed fears on how the markets will open after Raghuram Rajan's decision. Markets are in red in the morning with Rupee nosediving 61paise against USD.
In the initial morning session. The 30-scrip Sensitive Index (Sensex), was trading 139.34 points or 0.52 per cent lower and the same is the case with the wider scrip.
The wider 51-scrip Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was also trading 56.95 points or 0.70 per cent lower at 8,113.25 points.
BSE senses was currently trading at 26,486.57 at 9.16 AM after opening at 26,597.11 points. This is lower 139.34 points or 0.52 percent from the previous day’s close at 26,625.91 points.
Exit polls in India have not always had best track record Reportedly in many elections, only one of the many pollsters has gotten it right and the problem is that it's usually a different pollster each time and recent world history is rife with occasions on which the polls have simply gotten it wrong consider the Australian elections this week, in which the governing centre right alliance proved every single poll for months wrong to crawl back into power.
- Is India getting the leaders they deserve?
- How Sivaji breaks silence on dispute of TV9 Ravi Prakash?
- Know Donald Trump's plan for Immigration Policies
- How 3 Govt Employees died on poll day in HP?
- Will NDA form comfortably after Exit Polls Results?
- PM Narendra Modi is on a spiritual break
- Telangana Prisons department plans to open 20 petrol pumps
- Why CM Chandrababu Naidu met Rahul Gandhi, Mayawati & Akhilesh Yadav?
- Bye-polls held in Tamilnadu Assembly Constituencies
- AP BJP Political Advisor survey favors YSRCP
- Exit Polls Indicating Ravali Jagan, Kavali Jagan Mood in AP
- Leader of 1.4 Billion resumes for Meditation in Kedarnath caves
- Cracks within the Election Commission seem to be clarified
- First EXIT Poll report : Youth (18-30) voters hit YSRCP severely!
- Not local faction, Elephants are the culprits in Chhattisgarhs Elections