A government appointed committee has suggested that the foreign direct investment i.e. FDI limit in the print media be raised to 49% from its present level of 26%.The information and broadcasting ministries committee headed by Information and Broadcasting director Asha Swarup had given recommendations to this extent. This panel would provide the roadmap and the government would take care of the policy initiatives to realize that. This development is crucial because our country got more than 78,000 registered newspapers and the developments here in could have affect on all of them. If the said roadmap materializes into full-fledged FDI in Print media, that would mean many mergers and acquisitions of these native newspapers. As, otherwise these native newspapers may not be able to cope up with the ensuing competition and news content too. This is a dangerous development in the light of the seasoned approach that these foreign news papers bring into the arena, which could drive away the local players, if they try to preserve their autonomy. It is already known that these foreign media are more driven by the corporate interests and try to ‘manufacture Consent’ amongst the masses of the country, in favour of their agendas. The said phrasing i.e. ‘Manufacturing Consent’ was used by the most popular Intellectual living today i.e. Noam Chomsky, in order to depict the nature of these ,media. They do try to generate consent for the mission set forth by their countries corporate and the political class, in every corner of the world they do enter. This would be dangerous for our native culture and the self-sustenance in the economy too. It is already known that there are some countries in Latin America, which are called as the ‘Banana republics. These countries are called so because they have lost their sovereignty and became subservient to the U.S corporate interests. This is the kind of danger that awaits our country, given we allow for the FDI in the crucial idea moulding sector of the print media. Then those foreign media with all their research and skills in manipulating minds of their readers could open in the doors for another round of colonial mind control on us.
Director says Kindly never ask about Kamal Hassan or his Political entry Director Visu who met the press has requested them not to ask about Kamal Haasan or his political entry. As we all knew, Rajinikanth and Kamal Haasan have officially started their political career and both of them are busy in their respective fields.
- 6 Year old receives NASA's answer!
- Cheapest Smartphone, courtesy Jio offer!!
- CBI seeks US help to get Modi!
- Amrapali, Warangal Collector is married to Policeman
- Indian American Math teacher saved many lives at Florida shooting
- Plane ATR-72 crashed with 66 passengers in Southern Iran
- Second woman made allegations of an affair with Donald Trump
- Transgender part of a team of boy scouts being sent to 2018 Haj pilgrimage
- Large fire damaged Jokhang temple in holiest & sensitive site in Tibet
- Fortune 500 companies's CEO'S to participate in Global IT Event
- How much money Trump received from the National Rifle Association for Florida gun shooting?
- Who will win Russian Presidential Election?
- Will Chandrababu get financial help from Modi?
- Chiranjeevi kick started a fresh debate in Telugu states' politics
- Famous Hollywood couple Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux breaks up!