Methane is made up of Carbon and Hydrogen the process of splitting these results in a huge and enormous amount of energy.Energy or in other words current is a must need to almost every individual for survival.This splitting process involves a huge investment.Now this way of extracting is actually very beneficial to generate huge energy.But why so much of uproar and protests??.
(Above is picture of a well dug in Neduvassal)
The reason is this methane is planned to be extracted from a very fertile delta land in Neduvassal in Tamil Nadu.To be clear , energy extracted from methane is a welcoming process but methane extracted from delta lands is a big Nooo!!!.There are other ways to extract ethane without hitting the farmers, who are already on the verge of death and drowned in poverty due to monsoon failures.One of the successful methods is extracting methane from Sewage is a very effective method.Even on of the Tamil movies "Tamiluku En Onnai Aluthavum" has explained this process in a very simple way.
The most developed nation United States Of America has adopted this way of extraction for a past few years.It even imports sewage from nearby nations to extract Methane.To the irony, our Government pull lands and planes to make the most fertile land into a mining land."The land is my only source of income and I raise a range of crops to meet the expenses.
As we cannot afford to hire labourers due to high wages, we ourselves toil in the field,” says a farmer from Neduvassal.His statement clearly picturizes the true plight of farmers." I will fight it out.They can take over my land, but only over our dead bodies,” says Mr. Subramanian, another farmerThis Neuvassal issue has now grown into a mass protest, almost alike to the recent pro-jallikattu protest in the State. Much like the jallikattu protest, this stirs also get intensified with the support from the youth and celebrities.It also gets mobilised through social media adding to the intense.
US Government shutdown to ensure that all unpaid workers received retroactive pay Accordingly the US government on Saturday shut down after a period of five years as Congress failed to overcome standoff over spending and immigration. Meanwhile US President Donald Trump and Congress were unable to pass the short-term bill to keep the US government open and prevent agencies from shutting down.
- Decision by TRAI allows airlines to offer calls, internet services once they meet security norms
- Chintakindi Malleshwam journey shows how hardship can win Padma Shri
- Will Kamal quit cinema and join poltics full time or is he gonna sail in Two Boats?
- KTR's marvelous plan to link MoU with Tokyo for Telangana
- Tamilnadu Government increased fares of State run transport corporations by 20 to 54.54%
- Padmavat - what a "waist" of time! Deepika's waist is covered now!
- Indian President unveiled a book titled 'The Heartfulness Way'
- Aadhaar seeding & bank account linking helps do away with multiple provident fund accounts
- Is there any ultimate solution to ensure children's safety in schools?
- Trump said Tax cuts are the most significant reforms in American history
- Do you know AP's position in Per Capita Income?
- Election Commission disqualified 20 AAP MLAs for holding 'Office of Profit' of Kejriwal Government
- Patent reveals Samsung plans to put front camera, sensors underneath the display
- Supreme Court stays ban by Rajasthan, Gujarat, Haryana and MP for screening Padmaavat
- Election commission against 20 AAP MLAs!