McDonald's apologised after a brief post on Twitter.It was a statement blast criticising the current President Donald Trump of US.But the company blamed it as a hack from an external source. The quickly deleted tweet created a huge uproar, fromTrump followers.The tweet mentioned him as a disgusting excuse of a President and we would love to have Barack Obama back.It also added that Trump has tiny hands.
The tweet was removed quickly mid-morning yesterday soon after being posted.But still, it gained plenty of attention in political and media circles.
"Based on our investigation, we have determined that our Twitter account was hacked by an external source," said McDonald's spokeswoman Terri Hickey when questioned about it yesterday. "We took swift action to secure it, and we apologise this tweet was sent through our corporate McDonald's account."
Hacking has been a persistent problem, especially for people in limelight in recent years with the growing influence of Twitter and other social media sites. Earlier in April 2013, a hack of the Associated Press resulted in an erroneous post that the White House had been attacked, which sent shocks to the US stocks markets.
Election Commission disqualified 20 AAP MLAs for holding 'Office of Profit' of Kejriwal Government New Delhi sources have reported that in a major blow to the Arvind Kejriwal government in Delhi, the Election Commission (EC) on Friday recommended disqualification of 20 Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) MLAs for holding 'office of profit' and the recommendation has been sent to President Ramnath Kovind for his nod.
- Patent reveals Samsung plans to put front camera, sensors underneath the display
- Supreme Court stays ban by Rajasthan, Gujarat, Haryana and MP for screening Padmaavat
- Election commission against 20 AAP MLAs!
- Padmavat - what a "waist" of time! Deepika's waist is covered now!
- TTV aide reveals 20 Rupees token scam!
- Shock for BJP leader at a feast! Slippers Stolen for the Central Minister
- Bengaluru's infamous Bellandur Lake caught fire yet again
- Trump administration wants to admit immigrants who have skills, talent and English fluency
- Realty Registration department created record by conducting 1 lakh registration in a single month
- Shares of HDFC Bank trading at Rs 1,944.30, up 0.65%, on the BSE
- CM KCR assured Hyderabad infrastructure doesn't crumble reservation policy
- GST Council slashes rate on 29 items in Budget 2018
- Kerala Police registered arrest of Jaya Mol Bhavan on murder charges
- Pakistan ISPR accused Indian forces of resorting to unprovoked firing on its side
- Yep.. You heard it Right! Modi's plans to end Income Tax?