NRI businessmen Hindujas is positioned first as the richest Asians in the UK in 2017 with an estimated wealth of 19 billion pounds, an increase of 2.5 billion pounds to last year, according to an annual ranking of the richest Asians in Britain.Steel tycoon Lakshmi N Mittals stand in the second place with a fortune of 12.6 billion pounds — surged high to 6.4 billion pounds compared last year — in the Eastern Eye Asian Rich List, Britain’s 101 Wealthiest Asians 2017, released last night.
According to the list, the Hinduja brothers — Srichand and Gopi in London, Prakash in Geneva and Ashok in Mumbai — have proved sharp increases in profitability in Ashok Leyland, InduSind bank, Gulf Oil, energy and real estate.This has justified the family’s long adopted policy of pursing the path of diversity, the list said.
Mayor of London Sadiq Khan, was the Chief Guest at the 20th Annual Asian Business Awards organized by the Asian Media & Marketing Group, presented the first copy of the Rich List to G P Hinduja, Co-Chairman of the Hinduja Group on stage.The total of Britain’s 101 wealthiest Asians are collectively worth 69.9 billion pounds, up from 55.4 billion pounds last year — a rise of 25 per cent.According to the list, the recovery in the European steel market has enabled the Mittal family to double its net worth during the year.Prakash Lohia, Chairman of the Indorama Corporation (Petrochemicals) is the 3rd richest in the list with a fortune worth 4 billion pounds — up 1 billion pounds over last year.
Anil Agarwal, CEO of Vedanta Resources of the fastest growing mining and metals group in the world, sto fourth in the list along with Arora brothers — Simon, Bobby and Robin who own a chain of retail stores.Leading NRI industrialist Lord Swraj Paul is 14th in the list with an estimated wealth of 800 million pounds as against 300 million pounds last year.
At the awards ceremony, Mr. Surinder Arora, founder and Chairman of the Arora Group, collected the prestigious Asian Business of the Year Award. The Arora Group is one of the UK’s largest private owner operator of hotels.Other winners included Young Entrepreneur of the year Aly Esmail, CEO of SME Group, Entrepreneur of the year Subodh Agrawal, Chairman of Euromax Capital and the Business Personality Award winner Prakash Lohia, Founder and Chairman of Indorama Group.
US Government shutdown to ensure that all unpaid workers received retroactive pay Accordingly the US government on Saturday shut down after a period of five years as Congress failed to overcome standoff over spending and immigration. Meanwhile US President Donald Trump and Congress were unable to pass the short-term bill to keep the US government open and prevent agencies from shutting down.
- Decision by TRAI allows airlines to offer calls, internet services once they meet security norms
- Chintakindi Malleshwam journey shows how hardship can win Padma Shri
- Will Kamal quit cinema and join poltics full time or is he gonna sail in Two Boats?
- KTR's marvelous plan to link MoU with Tokyo for Telangana
- Tamilnadu Government increased fares of State run transport corporations by 20 to 54.54%
- Padmavat - what a "waist" of time! Deepika's waist is covered now!
- Indian President unveiled a book titled 'The Heartfulness Way'
- Aadhaar seeding & bank account linking helps do away with multiple provident fund accounts
- Is there any ultimate solution to ensure children's safety in schools?
- Trump said Tax cuts are the most significant reforms in American history
- Do you know AP's position in Per Capita Income?
- Election Commission disqualified 20 AAP MLAs for holding 'Office of Profit' of Kejriwal Government
- Patent reveals Samsung plans to put front camera, sensors underneath the display
- Supreme Court stays ban by Rajasthan, Gujarat, Haryana and MP for screening Padmaavat
- Election commission against 20 AAP MLAs!