A few years back Singer Unni Menon who sung Jesudas songs on stage was sent a copyright notice and royalty was charged.But the singer Unni Menonbadly criticized this idea of royalty.
But this is very common in rest of the world.For a Background music to be played in a show or if a song sung by another singer has to be staged, Back streetthe singer or the show runner has to get the legal permission called copyrights from the respective persons who actually owns them.Just imagine Backstreetboys album sung by a newly grown mushroom group sounds weird is it?? this is actually the fact but this is completely new to India
.As we people are actually used to duplicating CDs this sounds fishy to us and makes us comment Illayaraja has a tiny heart.But it actually shows his right towards his creation(his music tune).And moreover, he has promised to share this income from royalty amongst the people who contributed efforts to make the music like playback singers etc.So this move is to be welcomed and not a factor to judge Illayaraja character ...
Election Commission disqualified 20 AAP MLAs for holding 'Office of Profit' of Kejriwal Government New Delhi sources have reported that in a major blow to the Arvind Kejriwal government in Delhi, the Election Commission (EC) on Friday recommended disqualification of 20 Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) MLAs for holding 'office of profit' and the recommendation has been sent to President Ramnath Kovind for his nod.
- Patent reveals Samsung plans to put front camera, sensors underneath the display
- Supreme Court stays ban by Rajasthan, Gujarat, Haryana and MP for screening Padmaavat
- Election commission against 20 AAP MLAs!
- Padmavat - what a "waist" of time! Deepika's waist is covered now!
- TTV aide reveals 20 Rupees token scam!
- Shock for BJP leader at a feast! Slippers Stolen for the Central Minister
- Bengaluru's infamous Bellandur Lake caught fire yet again
- Trump administration wants to admit immigrants who have skills, talent and English fluency
- Realty Registration department created record by conducting 1 lakh registration in a single month
- Shares of HDFC Bank trading at Rs 1,944.30, up 0.65%, on the BSE
- CM KCR assured Hyderabad infrastructure doesn't crumble reservation policy
- GST Council slashes rate on 29 items in Budget 2018
- Kerala Police registered arrest of Jaya Mol Bhavan on murder charges
- Pakistan ISPR accused Indian forces of resorting to unprovoked firing on its side
- Yep.. You heard it Right! Modi's plans to end Income Tax?