Venkatesan told in an interview here when asked what message does his appointment sends to the stakeholders that "This is fairly seamless sort of action. I have been on the board for six years and it signals continuity and the need to double down on the agenda that the board has and Vishal (Sikka) has embarked on”.
Earlier on Thursday last, Infosys elevated its independent director Ravi Venkatesan as co-chairman. The move is widely seen as a step taken by the board to end its public spat with founders, mainly NR Narayana Murthy. Venkatesan said "At Infosys, we got another leadership happening concurrently which is from promoter-led company to professional board or professional CEO”.
He added "So, we have got fairly large set of challenges. I see, there is a heck of a lot of turbulence headwinds and software, and things like that. In this scenario, I see myself supporting Sesha (Seshasayee) and the board. Also, working closely with Vishal Sikka on whole set of issues”.
Venkatesan also added "If you got to fly a plane through a storm, it is helpful to have a co-pilot in the cockpit”. Infosys is in the eye of a storm with the spat between Infosys chairman emeritus Narayana Murthy and company CEO Vishal Sikka. The promoter has raised governance issues including the pay hike of Infosys COO Pravin Rao. On the other hand, Infosys Chairman R Seshasayee said challenges bring people together.
AP State Government University to become Nation's First Digital University: Started serving 2 Lakh students through FREE Smart Phone App The Government of India’s Category – I, BRICS 122 Ranked, Asia’s 223 Ranked, NAAC A+ Category… Andhra Pradesh State Government True Multi-Disciplinary University: “SVU - Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati” is rolling out FREE Smart Phone Application “Digital SVU” for all of its about 2 hundred thousand students spread across UG / PG / DIPLOMA / PROFESSIONAL / PHARMACY / ENGINEERING & M.TECH of Campus and that of 247 affiliated colleges and also of Distance Education of entire SVU periphery.
- 13 digit Mobile numbers coming soon!!
- Did Trump kissed the receptionist at Trump Tower?
- RBI reiterated confidential instructions for SWIFT to control bank frauds
- Who is Kamal Hassan's Political Hero?
- Rottinghaus & Vaughn thinks Trump's position could greatly increase by the next poll
- Will Kamal Hassan follow footsteps of APJ Abdul Kalam?
- Malaysian firm HelloGold plans to catapult online gold platform in Thailand
- Telangana government plans to construct a new monument
- Kamal Hassan party name is Makkal Needhi Maiam
- Jagan & Pawan challenged moving a no-confidence motion against NDA government
- Maldives President imposed state of emergency on February 5 for 15 days
- Scamster Nirav Modi's firms raided last year
- Actor Kamal Hassan unveils his party flag, name and will hoist the party flag today
- Saudi Arabian government comes to the help of women!
- Sidharamaiah's direct attack on Modi!!