Just a few months ago the Indian It companies and policy makers were grappling with a record low exchange rate. Now rupee rate is rebound which causes unexpected fresh problems.
The currency has jumped to 5.6 percent so far this year. This will tamp down the inflation but it poses a challenge for the earnings of Indian exporters. For IT companies who are already contending with the H1B visa problem, it is yet another headache.
TCS India’s IT firm was taken aback by the rupee rebound says its Chief Executive officer Rajesh Gopinathan. This actually poses a threat to the companies that garner most of their earnings overseas.
The list of companies which experience this threat are Tata, Infosys, and Wipro which get more than 90 percent of the revenue from abroad. The drugmaker Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd and Lupin Ltd revenues above 70 percent.
Budget 2018: IT Slab cut from 30 to 25%! Central government is all set to cut the income tax slab from 30 to 25 per cent in the upcoming Union Budget. The 30% IT is for those with income more than Rs 10 lakh per annum. This step targets at increasing direct tax base, like how indirect tax net was improved with Goods and Service Tax (GST). It’s a statistic that out of 125 crore people, only 3 crores file returns.
- Actor Suriya appreciated YS Jagan's Padayatra
- Trump pushed Xi to increase economic and political pressure on North Korea
- KT Rama Rao with his adviser been to Seoul
- Moshe invites youngest 26/11 survivor back to India
- Why Karni Sena damaged a school for playing Deepika Padukone's Padmaavat song?
- Do you know how to file a complaint from college when sexual harassment is made?
- Which Network's plan is the best?? Airtel or Reliance Jio
- New bus fare kick-starts for Hyderabad and Warangal depots
- Why Private bus and Car owners haven't registered their names with Labor Department?
- Tughlaq Editor asks will BJP join hands with Rajinikanth
- Bitcoin and the Cryptocurrency war!!
- Google's new app helps to determine key features of user's face!!!!
- Sri Lanka re imposes liquor ban for women!!
- What will happen when Doctors and Software Specialists enters Politics?
- Fresh plea made by Chandrababu Naidu for construction of Metro Rail Projects