Patna sources have stated that Nitish Kumar, the Chief Minister of Bihar, firmly ruled himself out on Monday as a Prime Ministerial candidate for the 2019 national election, saying he hadn't "the aspiration or the ability". In the same self-deprecating vein, he also slipped in a good word for Prime Minister Narendra Modi, a bitter rival with whom he has, in recent months, had a blow hot blow cold relationship.
It was stated that "The person in whom people will see potential will become the prime minister. People saw potential in Narendra Modi during the last elections, he has become the PM," Mr Kumar, 66, said. He also commented that five years before that, when PM Modi was Gujarat Chief Minister, he was not even "in the frame" for the top post.
It was stated that Mr. Kumar's name has been swirling among possible
candidates for the top job amid opposition moves to engineer a coalition of
non-BJP parties for 2019, when PM Modi seeks a second term. But today, as he
emphatically backed out, the Bihar Chief Minister commented, "I am not a
He said he was being "unnecessarily targeted" with such talk. "We are a small party. If I become the national president of my party, it does not mean that I harbor national aspirations," and throughout his career, he stressed, he had served people as MP or Union minister and as chief minister. Flanked by his ministers and Janata Dal United colleagues, he said it was difficult to say who would emerge as the man for the top job.
Budget 2018: IT Slab cut from 30 to 25%! Central government is all set to cut the income tax slab from 30 to 25 per cent in the upcoming Union Budget. The 30% IT is for those with income more than Rs 10 lakh per annum. This step targets at increasing direct tax base, like how indirect tax net was improved with Goods and Service Tax (GST). It’s a statistic that out of 125 crore people, only 3 crores file returns.
- Actor Suriya appreciated YS Jagan's Padayatra
- Trump pushed Xi to increase economic and political pressure on North Korea
- KT Rama Rao with his adviser been to Seoul
- Moshe invites youngest 26/11 survivor back to India
- Why Karni Sena damaged a school for playing Deepika Padukone's Padmaavat song?
- Do you know how to file a complaint from college when sexual harassment is made?
- Which Network's plan is the best?? Airtel or Reliance Jio
- New bus fare kick-starts for Hyderabad and Warangal depots
- Why Private bus and Car owners haven't registered their names with Labor Department?
- Tughlaq Editor asks will BJP join hands with Rajinikanth
- Bitcoin and the Cryptocurrency war!!
- Google's new app helps to determine key features of user's face!!!!
- Sri Lanka re imposes liquor ban for women!!
- What will happen when Doctors and Software Specialists enters Politics?
- Fresh plea made by Chandrababu Naidu for construction of Metro Rail Projects