Chennai sources have stated that Many buses continued to remain off roads with commuters forced to opt for other modes of travel, as the indefinite stir by ten transport unions in Tamilnadu entered the third day yesterday and the state government said it had so far held five rounds of talks with the unions on a range of issues, including pending post-retirement benefits, and added that there is "nothing more that it can do".
Meanwhile when seeking to reassure the public, the government said there was no need for concern as buses would be back on the roads soon. It was stated that with ten transport unions affiliated to various political parties, including DMK and left-wing outfits, participating in the strike, many buses across the state remained off roads.
Immediately the officials came up with alternative plans to clear the rush
with private buses pressed into service in Chennai and other parts of the
state, where temporary drivers were also being deployed to ferry passengers.
In Chennai, people were still seen using alternative modes of transport such as the suburban train service, Metro rail, auto rickshaws, share autos and taxis. Some commuters complained of overcharging by auto rickshaws and share autos. Southern Railway is also operating extra services connecting Chennai besides increasing the number of trips on the suburban routes in Chennai.
Why Private bus and Car owners haven't registered their names with Labor Department? Khammam sources have stated that many of the lorry, private bus and car owners haven't registered their names with the labor department but continue to ply their vehicles to transport goods. Earlier they have been asked to register their name on the website of the department.
- Tughlaq Editor asks will BJP join hands with Rajinikanth
- Bitcoin and the Cryptocurrency war!!
- Google's new app helps to determine key features of user's face!!!!
- Sri Lanka re imposes liquor ban for women!!
- What will happen when Doctors and Software Specialists enters Politics?
- Fresh plea made by Chandrababu Naidu for construction of Metro Rail Projects
- Fly at 99 offer from Air Asia!!
- Flight passengers rescued after near death experience!!
- Gujarat CM announced that ban on 'Padmavati' continues despite the change of name
- KCR announced financial aid to farmers irrespective of their social or economic status
- Britain's first woman Sikh Member of Parliament (MP) elevated to Shadow Cabinet
- Low-cost fare offer is on flights including AirAsia India, AirAsia Berhad, Thai AirAsia, AirAsia X and Indonesia AirAsia X
- Cockfight was part of Sankranthi Celebrations in Vizag
- Is US President Trump really sane?
- Chairman and CEO of Facebook's personal net's whopping drop of 4.4%