1. Big win for India: Pakistan can't hang Jadhav till final verdict, rules ICJ. In a big diplomatic win for India, the International Court of Justice (ICJ) at The Hague Thursday stayed the execution of former Indian naval officer Kulbhushan Jadhav by Pakistan till it takes a final decision on the matter.
2. Big guns: First modern 155 mm artillery guns to land in India after the Bofors scandal of 1980s : India has now exorcised the ominous Bofors ghost haunting its artillery modernization plans for the last 30 years. In the first modern 155mm artillery guns to be inducted by the Army since the 1980s, two of the 145 M-777 ultra-light howitzers ordered from the US will touch down here on Thursday morning.
3. Maoist ‘nails’ DU professor, top activist : A key Maoist operative, who allegedly confessed to being part of the April 24 Sukma ambush and the 2010 Tadmetla massacre, has "surrendered" to police and made claims against Delhi Universityprofessor Nandini Sundar and rights activist Bela Bhatia at a press conference in Raipur on Wednesday.
4. J&K search operation for militants sparks clash : Clashes erupted between locals and security personnel in south Kashmir's Shopian district on Wednesday morning during a cordon-andsearch operation to flush out militants believed to be hiding in two villages.
5. BSF steps in to protect family of Kashmiri trooper : After the BSF recruitment exam topper from Jammu & Kashmir, Nabeel Ahmed Wani, expressed his fears about his family's security in the light of Army officer Ummer Fayyaz's abduction and killing in south Kashmir, the BSF, in coordination with the state authorities, has made "arrangements" to ensure their protection.
6. From Srinagar, GST meet sends out political message : The meeting of the goods and services tax(GST) council in Srinagar is turning out to be as much of a political statement as it is an important consultation on the pathbreaking tax reform.
7. Cabinet clears proposal to build 10 nuclear power plants : The Union Cabinet cleared on Wednesday the building of 10 new nuclear power plants to add 7000MW to India's nuclear power generation capacity. These will be the indigenous 700 MW pressurised heavy water reactors (PHWRs).
8. Provide hacker details, outfit that claimed data leak told : The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), the regulatory authority for Aadhaar, has written to a Bengaluru-based research organisation, Centre for Internet & Society (CIS), seeking details about a suspected hack attack on government websites that led to the leak of information about 13 crore users.
9. Smriti Irani’s cotton campaign trends on Twitter as celebs join in : A year after the hashtag 'IWearHandloom' trended on Twitter, Union textileminister Smriti Iraniis back at it.
10. J&K may be first to bring real estate under new regime : Jammu & Kashmir may be the first state in the country to bring real estate within the ambit of goods and services tax (GST) when it enacts laws to integrate its indirect tax regime with other states, state finance minister Haseeb Drabuindicated.
11. India warship thwarts piracy bid in Gulf of Aden : An Indian warship thwarted a piracy attempt on a Liberian-registered merchant vessel, MV Lord Mountbatten, in a swift operation on Tuesday by deploying an armed helicopter and marine commandos in the Gulf of Aden.
12. Environment minister Anil Madhav Dave passes away, PM says he was 'passionate about conservation' : Union environment ministerAnil Madhav Davepassed away this morning. He was 60.
13. Veteran actress Reema Lagoo passes away : Veteran Bollywood actress Reema Lagoo passed away at the age of 59 after reportedly suffering from cardiac arrest. After the actress complained of chest pain on Wednesday night, she was rushed to Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambanihospital in Andheri, Mumbai where she breathed her last.
14. Times Now files criminal case for stealing against Arnab Goswami of Republic TV : Bennett, Coleman & Co Ltd (BCCL) on Tuesday lodged a complaint against Arnab Goswami, the founder of recently launched English news channel Republic TV, and journalist Prema Sridevi for infringing its copyright.
1. Ex-FBI chief Mueller to head Trump-Russia probe : A former FBI chief was tasked Wednesday with leading a beefed-up investigation into whether Donald Trump's team colluded with Russia to tilt the 2016 election in the president's favor.
2. Saudi Arabia visit: Trump to discuss extremism in Afghan, Pak with Muslim leaders : US President Donald Trump will discuss steps to continue the fight against the ISIS and extremism in Afghanistan and Pakistan as he addresses the Muslim world during his visit to Saudi Arabia this week.
3. Wikileaks source Chelsea Manning released from prison : Chelsea Manning, the transgender army private jailed for one of the largest leaks of classified documents in US history, was released from a military prison Wednesday after seven years behind bars.
4. Russia worried India could cut nuclear reliance : Despite repeated pleas by Russia, the government is yet to clear the signing of the MoU, or the General Framework Agreement (GFA), for Kudankulam 5 and 6 reactor units, official sources confirmed on Wednesday.
5. Indian nuclear scientist in US jail for stalking female student : An Indian nuclear scientist has been lodged in a detention centre in Texas, United States, since December 2016 on serious charges of harassing and stalking a female student and preventing a police officer from carrying out his duty.
6. Western banks eclipsed by China's 'Belt and Road' initiative : For global banks, China's new "Silk Road" is a tantalising concept: billions of dollars in deals, loans and advisory fees, and a cosier relationship with Beijing for those who step up.
7. Dog sentenced to death in Pakistan's Punjab province : In a bizarre case, a dog has been sentenced to death in Pakistan's Punjab province for biting a child.
8. UK minister mentions alcohol in Gurudwara, admonished by Sikh woman : UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson had a tough time on Wednesday on the election campaign trail when a British Sikh womanadmonished him for talking about whiskey during a stop at a gurdwara in the city of Bristol.
9. To impeach or not to impeach: End-game scenarios for the storm over Donald Trump : The beating heart of the matter is a memo James Comey wrote to himself and shared with others in the FBI weeks before Trump fired him as the bureau's director.
10. China installs rocket launchers on disputed South China Sea island: Report : China has installed rocket launchers on adisputed reef in the South China Sea to ward off Vietnamese military combat divers, according to a state-run newspaper, offering new details on China's ongoing military build-up.
Jagan & Pawan challenged moving a no-confidence motion against NDA government According to sources the Central Ministry for Home has called for a meeting with chief secretary of Andhra Pradesh on 23rd February to discuss on reorganization act implementations, Vishakhapatnam railway zone, budged deficit, steel plant in Kadapa, Dugarajapatnam port and bifurcation of schedule IX and X institutions. Meanwhile the ministry also invited state principal secretary of finance and other officials to attend this meeting with a comprehensive report in this regard.
- Maldives President imposed state of emergency on February 5 for 15 days
- Scamster Nirav Modi's firms raided last year
- Actor Kamal Hassan unveils his party flag, name and will hoist the party flag today
- Saudi Arabian government comes to the help of women!
- Sidharamaiah's direct attack on Modi!!
- Arumbakkam Chain snatcher nabbed by cops!!
- Getting the View Button in Google Image Search - Here's what you need to do!
- Apple released updates for watchOS, tvOS, and macOS to stop the crash
- Did Schools showed PM Modi's speech to students preparing for exams?
- Nirav Modi pens to PNB for spoiling his brand
- Investors & big industrialists only proved UP is not poor
- Human like robot favorite actor is SRK
- Bangkok court awarded paternity rights to a Japanese man for his work
- Is Trump eldest son visiting India to help sell luxury apartments?
- KFC shuts some restaurants in UK