Sources have stated that Tamil Nadu has agreed for talks on reviewing the water sharing agreement under the Parabikulam-Aliyar project or PAP, Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan told the state assembly yesterday and the neighboring state has responded "positively" to a letter written by Mr. Vijayan to his counterpart, K. Palaniswami, seeking discussion on PAP.
Kerala CM Mr. Vijayan stated that "The state government recently sent a letter to the Tamil Nadu chief minister seeking discussion over the issue. And now, the neighboring state has agreed for a discussion. This is a positive development".
However, Mr. Vijayan said the "violation" of agreement by Tamil
Nadu on release of water under the PAP to Kerala is "continuing".
But, at the same time, due to the Kerala government's repeated and effective
intervention, "the state received more quantity of water during this water
year than what it got in earlier times".
Mr Vijayan said the Central government had said at a recent meeting of the National Water Development Authority or NWDA that any final decision on linking of Pampa-Achakovil with Vypar River in Tamil Nadu would be taken only after Kerala's consent. In the letter, Mr. Vijayan had asked Tamil Nadu to release water under the PAP agreement to tide over drinking water shortage in northern Palakkad district, which is facing an acute drought.
Foreign Scientists be provided with free Visa by Saudi Arabia According to sources from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia will grant visas free of charge to foreign scientists and experts, in a move that especially aims at improving its health sector. Meanwhile the media reports said the Secretary General of the Saudi Health Council Ahmed Al Aamiri praised the decision made by the cabinet last week, Xinhua reported. Aamiri said the new visa policy was approved as part of various health initiatives suggested by the council to promote the health sector.
- Had Chiranjeevi waited like Rajni until AP's breakup with Telangana?
- Cruz badly wanted a girlfriend & depressed about his mother's death
- Tamilnadu Court sentenced Dhasvanth to death for sexually assaulting & killing 7 year girl
- RGV says as per tweet 49% of votes polled for Pawan and 51% for Porn
- Congress blasted BJP for Rs 11,400 crore PNB scam & accused Narendra Modi of crony capitalism
- Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif has multiple cases behind him
- Saudi government's new rule marks a major step from strict guardianship system
- Director says Kindly never ask about Kamal Hassan or his Political entry
- 6 Year old receives NASA's answer!
- Cheapest Smartphone, courtesy Jio offer!!
- CBI seeks US help to get Modi!
- Amrapali, Warangal Collector is married to Policeman
- Indian American Math teacher saved many lives at Florida shooting
- Plane ATR-72 crashed with 66 passengers in Southern Iran
- Second woman made allegations of an affair with Donald Trump