As per report from sources it was stated that known for its expertise in the high speed rail sector, Germany will conduct a feasibility study for running trains at a speed of about 300 kmph on the 450 km long Chennai-Bengaluru-Mysuru route. It was stated that Germany has appointed a consortium of consultants comprising DB E&C, Intraplan Consult and Ingenieurburo Vossing to carry out the study in the southern region.
It was stated that Germany will bear the cost of the year-long study involving exact location, ridership, opportunities, and challenges among other issues and submit the report, where currently a pre-feasibility study of this section has been completed by the German side in 2016 and now they are keen to do a feasibility study.
Further it was added that during the visit of Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu to Germany in April 2016, a protocol was signed with German Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure to intensify cooperation in rail sector. One of the areas mentioned in the protocol is high speed rail.
President arrived in Bhubaneswar on a two day visit to Odisha Puri sources reported that President Ram Nath Kovind paid obeisance to the deities at Shree Jagannath Temple here and sought blessings amid tight security. According to sources Kovind, who is on his maiden visit to Odisha after becoming President, was welcomed at the Singhdwar, the Lion's Gate of the 12th century shrine, by Gajapati King of Puri Dibyasingha Deb and senior servitors.
- US to assess the impact of Heartfulness Meditation on insomnia
- Pawan blasted Chandrababu Naidu, since he is misguided
- US provides 15% of its weapons imports throughout globe
- Presidential period prolonged for Xi Jingping
- Singapore, worlds most expensive city for 5th consecutive year
- Ugadi celebrations and scientific reasons?
- US President criticized by United States for election meddling & other actions
- Hari Krishna Nandamuri appreciated Shri Chandrababu Naidu's decision