Sources have stated that the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) is all set to plant 10 lakh saplings in their area this monsoon. It was stated that under this plantation drive, the council aims to sow 30,000 indigenous saplings of sisham, pepal, neem along with fruit plants like mangoes, jamun, among others. According to sources NDMC chairman Naresh Kumar said they would achieve the target of increased green cover from existing 48% to 50%.
Sources have stated that about 28,000 schoolchildren of NDMC and Navyug schools would be planting sapling on their school premises and surrounding areas like parks, garden, roadsides and service lanes. Meanwhile while stressing on the importance of ecological balance, Kumar said deforestation due to human greed. "Once, the capital was known for its garden and greenery and was called a 'Garden City'.
Moreover NDMC is trying hard to transform its green
heritage at par with the international green standards," he said. The
council, which looks after the New Delhi Lutyens zone, plans to conduct weekly
drives in gardens, parks, roadsides, government offices and quarters.
CBI sealed residential premise & office of Rotomac directors in New Delhi According to sources the CBI said Rotomac owner Vikram Kothari and his son Rahul were at its headquarters here and were still being questioned in connection with an Rs 3,695 crore loan default case. Meanwhile a senior Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) official told that "Kothari and his son (Rahul) arrived in Delhi on their own. Thus they are being questioned here."
- Turnbull sees himself as having a lot in common with Trump
- Junior Trump to visit business across four Indian cities
- Despite Govt ignorance, Rahman welcomes Trudeau!!
- KFC crisis grows bigger!!
- Supreme Court helps Winking girl!!
- AP State Government University to become Nation's First Digital University: Started serving 2 Lakh students through FREE Smart Phone App
- 13 digit Mobile numbers coming soon!!
- Did Trump kissed the receptionist at Trump Tower?
- RBI reiterated confidential instructions for SWIFT to control bank frauds
- Who is Kamal Hassan's Political Hero?
- Rottinghaus & Vaughn thinks Trump's position could greatly increase by the next poll
- Will Kamal Hassan follow footsteps of APJ Abdul Kalam?
- Malaysian firm HelloGold plans to catapult online gold platform in Thailand
- Telangana government plans to construct a new monument
- Kamal Hassan party name is Makkal Needhi Maiam