The Sports Ministry has started the kick started the groundwork to online sports betting a legalised one in India.Verbal consulting has already been held with different stakeholders in the government. But then, it may take at least two years of time period for the ministry to prepare a draft.
The UK is one such nation which has legalised online betting in its country successfully.The Sports Ministry of India is also likely to seek assistance from its counterparts in the UK to understand and study their system and see if it is positive to introduce it in India. At present, betting is legal only in the domain of horse racing, and it is heavily taxed at 28 per cent under GST.
According to a report collected by the famous Doha-based International Centre for Sports Security, the illegal betting market is huge in India is worth $150 billion, or roughly around 9.6 lakh crore. The government feels legalising it will be beneficial for the economic development of the country.
CBI sealed residential premise & office of Rotomac directors in New Delhi According to sources the CBI said Rotomac owner Vikram Kothari and his son Rahul were at its headquarters here and were still being questioned in connection with an Rs 3,695 crore loan default case. Meanwhile a senior Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) official told that "Kothari and his son (Rahul) arrived in Delhi on their own. Thus they are being questioned here."
- Turnbull sees himself as having a lot in common with Trump
- Junior Trump to visit business across four Indian cities
- Despite Govt ignorance, Rahman welcomes Trudeau!!
- KFC crisis grows bigger!!
- Supreme Court helps Winking girl!!
- AP State Government University to become Nation's First Digital University: Started serving 2 Lakh students through FREE Smart Phone App
- 13 digit Mobile numbers coming soon!!
- Did Trump kissed the receptionist at Trump Tower?
- RBI reiterated confidential instructions for SWIFT to control bank frauds
- Who is Kamal Hassan's Political Hero?
- Rottinghaus & Vaughn thinks Trump's position could greatly increase by the next poll
- Will Kamal Hassan follow footsteps of APJ Abdul Kalam?
- Malaysian firm HelloGold plans to catapult online gold platform in Thailand
- Telangana government plans to construct a new monument
- Kamal Hassan party name is Makkal Needhi Maiam