New Delhi sources have stated that one last opportunity to deposit the 500 and 1,000 rupee notes that were banned in November will defeat the whole point of demonetization as well as the battle against black money, the government told the Supreme Court today.
Sources have stated that earlier this month the top court had asked the centre to consider a final window to benefit those with a genuine reason for not turning in the outlawed notes by the end of last year, the deadline that was set by the RBI after Prime Minister Narendra Modi's shock announcement on demonetization.
It was stated that PM's announcement in November meant that within a few hours, 86% of the cash in circulation was pulled. A shortage of currency forced long lines at banks as people queued up to return old notes or exchange them for the new Rs 500 and Rs 2,000 notes that were introduced with high security features.
Who will win Russian Presidential Election? According to sources from Moscow seven candidates are lined up against Vladimir Putin in a Russian presidential election in March that he is all, but guaranteed to win, extending his Kremlin term to 2024 with a fourth term in office. Meanwhile his competitors include a former reality TV star and a director of a fruit farm, but Putin’s primary political opponent Alexei Navalny, will be absent from the ballot.
- Will Chandrababu get financial help from Modi?
- Chiranjeevi kick started a fresh debate in Telugu states' politics
- Famous Hollywood couple Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux breaks up!
- Mukesh Ambani plans to establish his business in AP
- Google comes to protect photos!!
- Strong earthquake shook large swathe of southern & central Mexico
- 4 Immigration Reform proposals rejected by US Senate
- Rs. 11,400 Cr. Scamster Nirav Modi has connection with Bollywood Celebrities
- Will Trump's assurance provide safety after Florida shooting incident?
- Adult toys worth 79 lakhs seized in Chennai!!
- Odedra pleaded guilty to one offence of attempting to possess an indecent image
- Priyanka Chopra to cut ties with Modi!
- Indian teacher arrested for obscene recordings!
- TN LPG Tanker Lorry Owners strike been affected on a daily basis
- Cryptocurrency mining is attacking more mobile users