Thiruvananthapuram sources have stated that the Kerala government would formulate a common stand on granting menstrual leave to its women employees after considering various aspects of the issue, Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan told the state assembly yesterday.
Meanwhile when replying to a calling attention by K S Sabarinathan (Congress) seeking grant of period leave, Mr. Vijayan said there was a section of people in the society who still consider women as "impure" during the time of period. Pinarayi said "Women are suffering various physical difficulties during the time of menstruation. Currently debates on period leave are coming up. Serious debates should happen on the matter considering menstruation as a biological process".
Furthermore K S Sabarinathan said countries like Japan, Taiwan, Indonesia and some provinces of China were already giving period leave to women employees. The legislator added that the debate over this should be seen as a positive one to evolve an effective women workforce rather than an anti-woman move.
New bus fare kick-starts for Hyderabad and Warangal depots Hyderabad sources have reported that the address the problem of having to give small change in bus fares, TSRTC has rationalized the city ticket fare structure. Meanwhile the minimum fare for city ordinary buses is now Rs 5, down from Rs 7 and the fare increases for longer distances. Accordingly the new fares kick in on Monday for Hyderabad and Warangal depots.
- Why Private bus and Car owners haven't registered their names with Labor Department?
- Tughlaq Editor asks will BJP join hands with Rajinikanth
- Bitcoin and the Cryptocurrency war!!
- Google's new app helps to determine key features of user's face!!!!
- Sri Lanka re imposes liquor ban for women!!
- What will happen when Doctors and Software Specialists enters Politics?
- Fresh plea made by Chandrababu Naidu for construction of Metro Rail Projects
- Fly at 99 offer from Air Asia!!
- Flight passengers rescued after near death experience!!
- Gujarat CM announced that ban on 'Padmavati' continues despite the change of name
- KCR announced financial aid to farmers irrespective of their social or economic status
- Britain's first woman Sikh Member of Parliament (MP) elevated to Shadow Cabinet
- Low-cost fare offer is on flights including AirAsia India, AirAsia Berhad, Thai AirAsia, AirAsia X and Indonesia AirAsia X
- Cockfight was part of Sankranthi Celebrations in Vizag
- Is US President Trump really sane?