Bengaluru sources have reported that senior journalist Gauri Lankesh was killed at her residence in Bengaluru on September 5 late night. Meanwhile according to reports, Gauri was followed by people in a car after she left her office in Basavanagudi at 7.30 pm. When she was entering her house, three to four people attacked her with guns. Three bullets hit her on the neck and chest. She collapsed on the floor and breathed her last.
According to sources Gauri Lankesh was the editor of weekly Kannada tabloid magazine Lankesh Patrike, columnist in newspapers, and a panelist on TV channels besides being an activist. Gauri was the elder daughter of P Lankesh, a man who brought in a new brand of Kannada journalism.
Meanwhile Gauri had ideological differences with right wing brigade and was considered as Leftist. Last year, she was convicted in a defamation case filed by MP Prahlad Joshi, who had objected to a report against BJP leaders. Moreover Chief Minister of Karnataka, Kerala, West Bengal and several former Union Ministers and several senior politicians has condemned the killing of Gauri Lankesh.
Do you need job in Indian Railways- Free Coaching by Telangana Govt Hyderabad sources stated that the minorities Welfare Department through Telangana State Minorities Study Circle is arranging free coaching for RRB Group D Recruitment at Hyderabad District to Minorities candidates of Telangana State for which applications are invited from eligible candidates from 23-03-208 and last date for receiving of application is 05-04-2018.
- No Captains will attend the Opening ceremony of IPL 2018 - Here's why!
- The businessmen who robbed banks - APHERALD Exclusive
- Model jumps from 6th floor to escape rape and murder!
- Sasikala reveals what happened to Jayalalitha - Mystery revealed?
- AIADMK party will not support no-confidence motion against BJP Government
- US President Trump 71, slammed 70 year old Clinton
- Death of world's last male northern white rhino rendered species "functionally extinct"
- New Telecom Policy be brought in next session of Parliament
- EXCITING NEWS: Hyderabad ranked Best city in India
- Telangana Government to pass new Law to make Telugu language compulsory
- Rajinikanth back from Himalayas
- President conferred Padma Vibhushan India's second highest civilian honor
- BMRCL employees union called for an indefinite strike from March 22
- Naidu alleged Jagan, Pawan are acting at behest of Modi
- HAPPY NEWS: Big relief for Hyderabad people from April 1st!!!