According to sources from Kerala couple of weeks ago and IT professional in West Bengal received an anonymous phone call. The speaker said he was making some online registration and had entered the phone number of the techie by mistake since the two numbers were similar. The caller further urged the IT professional to share the code received on the IT professional's phone received so that he (the caller) could complete the registration.
Moreover after intense examination, the receiver nailed the caller and founder that he was a fraudster who were actually trying to reset the online bank account of his target using the One Time Password (OTP). Sources have added that an unsuspecting layman would have easily shared the code and would have suffered huge financial losses.
Accordingly Cyberdome, the cyber security wing of
Kerala Police, released a teaser that cautions the public against OTP fraud.
The teaser tells how an anonymous callers feigning as a bank employee informs
you that your ATM card is blocked and demands the details of the card including
the secret pin number to restore it. Meanwhile those who feel it safe to
divulge the details until the ATM card is not parted with would comply with the
instructions from the caller. The teaser is published in Facebook and YouTube.
4 Immigration Reform proposals rejected by US Senate According to sources from Washington the US Senate had rejected all the four immigration reform proposals put forward, which, if passed, could have immensely benefited the 1.8 million young migrants who were brought to the country as children and hundreds of thousands of 'skilled' Indian IT professionals. Presently the senators failed to get enough votes for either of the immigration bill to be passed.
- Rs. 11,400 Cr. Scamster Nirav Modi has connection with Bollywood Celebrities
- Will Trump's assurance provide safety after Florida shooting incident?
- Adult toys worth 79 lakhs seized in Chennai!!
- Odedra pleaded guilty to one offence of attempting to possess an indecent image
- Priyanka Chopra to cut ties with Modi!
- Indian teacher arrested for obscene recordings!
- TN LPG Tanker Lorry Owners strike been affected on a daily basis
- Cryptocurrency mining is attacking more mobile users
- Amazon joins rank of biggies by manufacturing its own chipsets for its Alexa
- United States McDonald's is removing cheeseburgers from its Happy Meal menu for Children's issue
- Cong said a whistleblower alerted govt regarding Nirav Modi but PM, Jaitley ignored tip
- Trump & Modi's India-US tie is strong
- Iranian President made his visit to Hyderabad
- Is there a difference in Special Category Status & Special Financial Package?
- Apple gearing up to catapult three new iPhone this fiscal year