New Delhi sources have reported that a little over two months after the launch of goods and services (GST), the Centre has reiterated its plan to shift to a single rate of 18%, or a dual slab of 12% and 18% in the future, while advising states against seeking too many exemptions and periodic reduction in rates for products and services as it would impact the long-term objective.
Sources have stated that at the meeting of the GST Council in Hyderabad over the weekend, the Centre sought to refrain states from seeking repeated revision in rates for goods and services in the top slab of 28% and specific guidelines were circulated to the ministers were forwarding a huge number of representations without prior examination. Earlier on Saturday, the GST Council reduced the rates for around 40 items, but most were mass consumption items.
Meanwhile the government is also
worried that manufactured products attracting zero GST will be detrimental to
the `Make in India' initiative as the imported rivals will not be subjected to
countervailing duty and may turn out to be cheaper than locally made
Why Karni Sena damaged a school for playing Deepika Padukone's Padmaavat song? According to sources from Ratlam school in Madhya Pradesh's Ratlam was allegedly vandalised by members of Shri Rajput Karni Sena after students performed on the song 'Ghoomar' from Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'Padmaavat.' Meanwhile the incident was reported from Saint Paul's Convent School here, where students from grades one to five performed to the song during their annual day function.
- Do you know how to file a complaint from college when sexual harassment is made?
- Which Network's plan is the best?? Airtel or Reliance Jio
- New bus fare kick-starts for Hyderabad and Warangal depots
- Why Private bus and Car owners haven't registered their names with Labor Department?
- Tughlaq Editor asks will BJP join hands with Rajinikanth
- Bitcoin and the Cryptocurrency war!!
- Google's new app helps to determine key features of user's face!!!!
- Sri Lanka re imposes liquor ban for women!!
- What will happen when Doctors and Software Specialists enters Politics?
- Fresh plea made by Chandrababu Naidu for construction of Metro Rail Projects
- Fly at 99 offer from Air Asia!!
- Flight passengers rescued after near death experience!!
- Gujarat CM announced that ban on 'Padmavati' continues despite the change of name
- KCR announced financial aid to farmers irrespective of their social or economic status
- Britain's first woman Sikh Member of Parliament (MP) elevated to Shadow Cabinet