Hyderabad sources have stated that the High Court of Hyderabad had granted a six week stay on citizenship cancellation of TRS MLA Chennamaneni Ramesh. Moreover he sought a stay on the Central government's decision cancelling his citizenship as he filed a revision petition with the Home Department which is pending disposal.
Further it may be recalled that the Central government on last Thursday cancelled his Indian citizenship following a report submitted by the SK Tandon Judicial Committee stating that the TRS MLA from Vemulawada constituency, had obtained Indian citizenship by submitting fake documents. Accordingly the committee also claimed that Chennamaneni continues to be a German citizen.
Recently Chennamaneni Ramesh filed a review petition
in the High Court challenging the order of the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Ministry of Home Affairs, Telangana Home Secretary and Rajanna Siricilla
District Collector are made as respondents in the petition. Moreover as per
Section 5(1) of The Citizenship Act, Chennamaneni obtained his Indian
citizenship after returning from Germany. He also found fault with the Home
Ministry stating that the Indian Citizenship can be cancelled only in cases of
Kamal ready to announce his Political party's name by February Chennai sources have reported that Actor Kamal Hassan will announce his political party's name on February 21 at Tamilnadu's Ramanathapuram and begin a state wide tour the same day. Accordingly the tour will be held in phases. He will begin the journey from Ramanathapuram which is his hometown and later will visit people from the districts of Madurai, Dindigul and Sivagangai.
- Pattadar Passbooks to be issued in all TS from March 11
- 16 year girl subjected to prolonged sexual abuse by many men, including policemen
- India Today Opinion poll says Rajinikanth party gets 33 seats
- Donald Trump's Hair loss drug linked to depression and dysfunction
- Why Chandrababu Naidu shocked many officials by saying sorry?
- Inter caste Marriage? Even Parents don't have the Rights to question - Supreme Court issues new Order
- Chicago boy's kindness to homeless man!!
- China blocks centralized trading Cryptocurrencies!
- Budget 2018: IT Slab cut from 30 to 25%!
- Actor Suriya appreciated YS Jagan's Padayatra
- Trump pushed Xi to increase economic and political pressure on North Korea
- KT Rama Rao with his adviser been to Seoul
- Moshe invites youngest 26/11 survivor back to India
- Why Karni Sena damaged a school for playing Deepika Padukone's Padmaavat song?
- Do you know how to file a complaint from college when sexual harassment is made?