Chennai sources have stated that VK Sasikala, who assumed the general secretary post following Jayalalitha's death, last December, has been sacked from the party. Sasikala's nephew, Dinakaran, who was appointed by her as the party's deputy general secretary, has also been sacked from the party. Henceforth, the AIADMK party will be run by Deputy Chief Minister O Panneerselvam, who will serve as the Chief Coordinator and Chief Minister E Palaniswami as his assistant.
According to sources the meeting ratified the appointment of Panneerselvam as the chief of the 11 member steering committee of AIADMK. Accordingly yesterday's decisions however are subject to the approval of the Madras High Court which in response to a petition of imposing a stay on the meeting permitted the meeting to be held but said any decision by the General Council will be subject to scrutiny.
Sources have added that
in the meeting, the AIADMK leaders also vowed to begin the fight with the
Election Commission to bring back the party symbol, 'two leaves', which was
taken away when the party split into two factions.
Kamal ready to announce his Political party's name by February Chennai sources have reported that Actor Kamal Hassan will announce his political party's name on February 21 at Tamilnadu's Ramanathapuram and begin a state wide tour the same day. Accordingly the tour will be held in phases. He will begin the journey from Ramanathapuram which is his hometown and later will visit people from the districts of Madurai, Dindigul and Sivagangai.
- Pattadar Passbooks to be issued in all TS from March 11
- 16 year girl subjected to prolonged sexual abuse by many men, including policemen
- India Today Opinion poll says Rajinikanth party gets 33 seats
- Donald Trump's Hair loss drug linked to depression and dysfunction
- Why Chandrababu Naidu shocked many officials by saying sorry?
- Inter caste Marriage? Even Parents don't have the Rights to question - Supreme Court issues new Order
- Chicago boy's kindness to homeless man!!
- China blocks centralized trading Cryptocurrencies!
- Budget 2018: IT Slab cut from 30 to 25%!
- Actor Suriya appreciated YS Jagan's Padayatra
- Trump pushed Xi to increase economic and political pressure on North Korea
- KT Rama Rao with his adviser been to Seoul
- Moshe invites youngest 26/11 survivor back to India
- Why Karni Sena damaged a school for playing Deepika Padukone's Padmaavat song?
- Do you know how to file a complaint from college when sexual harassment is made?