For past few decades, if we turn back the pages of history we can see that Politics and Cinema have an inseparable bonding. Three Chief Ministers of Tamil Nadu are from the film background and even now Captain Vijaykanth floats his own political party.
After the sudden demise of Late CM J.Jayalalitha, things have gone haywire in Tamil Nadu. It all started in June 2017 when GST was imposed on Movie Tickets. Theaters in Tamil Nadu were shut down after a long hiatus and everyone expressed their displeasure.
However, as the Government was strong, theater owners had no other choice other than giving up. But now, the imposition of the 10% local body tax on Tamil films has clearly sent a message that there is a cold war between the politicians and Tamil film actors.
Most of them are even baffled as GST was supposed to do away with complete taxation as Modi's Government says, "One Nation, One Tax". So, why is the imposition of another tax, and why now? A leading actor said as stalwarts of the industry Rajini and Kamal are outspoken against the Government they are trying to intimidate everyone in the industry! Sounds legit to us!
Despite Govt ignorance, Rahman welcomes Trudeau!! Canada Prime Minister Justin Trudeau along with his family is currently on an 8 day long trip to India, but right from the first day, he has been ignored by the central government. Not just that the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi never went to Delhi to welcome the Canadian Prime minister, but he didn't even care to post a welcome message on his official Twitter handle.
- KFC crisis grows bigger!!
- Supreme Court helps Winking girl!!
- AP State Government University to become Nation's First Digital University: Started serving 2 Lakh students through FREE Smart Phone App
- 13 digit Mobile numbers coming soon!!
- Did Trump kissed the receptionist at Trump Tower?
- RBI reiterated confidential instructions for SWIFT to control bank frauds
- Who is Kamal Hassan's Political Hero?
- Rottinghaus & Vaughn thinks Trump's position could greatly increase by the next poll
- Will Kamal Hassan follow footsteps of APJ Abdul Kalam?
- Malaysian firm HelloGold plans to catapult online gold platform in Thailand
- Telangana government plans to construct a new monument
- Kamal Hassan party name is Makkal Needhi Maiam
- Jagan & Pawan challenged moving a no-confidence motion against NDA government
- Maldives President imposed state of emergency on February 5 for 15 days
- Scamster Nirav Modi's firms raided last year