Sources have reported that much before US economist Richard Thaler won Nobel Prize for economics; the Narendra Modi government had put his famous theory in practice by dedicating a separate unit to it. Thaler popularized the idea of 'nudge economics', which emphasizes subtly guiding humans toward beneficial behaviors without forcing them to comply. Thaler's theory was one valuable addition to the field of behavioral economics.
Previously the government's think tank NITI Aayog tied up with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to set up a 'nudge unit' that would work towards bringing about behavioral changes and recommending policy corrections to help make the programs more effective. Furthermore the unit had aimed at sensitizing people at the grassroots towards the government's flagship programs such as Swachh Bharat, Jan Dhan Yojana, Digital India and Skill Development through social messaging and new ad campaigns.
Earlier India had taken a leaf out of Britain's book. Officially known as
the Behavioral Insights Team, the unit was first set up in the UK in 2010 in
the Prime Minister's Office to apply nudge theory to try to improve government
policy and services while minimizing expenditure.
Junior Trump to visit business across four Indian cities New Delhi sources have stated that Donald Trump Jr said any talk that his family is profiting from his father's presidency is "nonsense" as he embarked on a highly publicized visit to India to promote real estate deals that bear his family's name. Meanwhile the eldest son of President Donald Trump is in India to meet the promoters and buyers of Trump brand luxury homes in the country, raising ethical concerns about using the name of the American president to promote business ventures
- Despite Govt ignorance, Rahman welcomes Trudeau!!
- KFC crisis grows bigger!!
- Supreme Court helps Winking girl!!
- AP State Government University to become Nation's First Digital University: Started serving 2 Lakh students through FREE Smart Phone App
- 13 digit Mobile numbers coming soon!!
- Did Trump kissed the receptionist at Trump Tower?
- RBI reiterated confidential instructions for SWIFT to control bank frauds
- Who is Kamal Hassan's Political Hero?
- Rottinghaus & Vaughn thinks Trump's position could greatly increase by the next poll
- Will Kamal Hassan follow footsteps of APJ Abdul Kalam?
- Malaysian firm HelloGold plans to catapult online gold platform in Thailand
- Telangana government plans to construct a new monument
- Kamal Hassan party name is Makkal Needhi Maiam
- Jagan & Pawan challenged moving a no-confidence motion against NDA government
- Maldives President imposed state of emergency on February 5 for 15 days