Parliamentarians Namal Rajapaksa, D.V. Chanaka, Prasanna Ranaweera and three others were arrested by the Hambantota police in connection with the recent protest in Hambantota. They were summoned by the Hambantota police and a statement was recorded.
Western Provincial Councillor Upali Kodikara, Southern Provincial Councillors Sampath Athukorala, and Major (Rtd.) Ajith Prasanna were among those arrested.
The protest happened to vent out their rage against leasing out Mattala International Airport to India.
As the protests happened against Court's restraining orders, they have been arrested. The court has ordered them to provide a valid explanation in next hearing. Right now, they have kept behind bars till October 16, 2017.
CBI sealed residential premise & office of Rotomac directors in New Delhi According to sources the CBI said Rotomac owner Vikram Kothari and his son Rahul were at its headquarters here and were still being questioned in connection with an Rs 3,695 crore loan default case. Meanwhile a senior Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) official told that "Kothari and his son (Rahul) arrived in Delhi on their own. Thus they are being questioned here."
- Turnbull sees himself as having a lot in common with Trump
- Junior Trump to visit business across four Indian cities
- Despite Govt ignorance, Rahman welcomes Trudeau!!
- KFC crisis grows bigger!!
- Supreme Court helps Winking girl!!
- AP State Government University to become Nation's First Digital University: Started serving 2 Lakh students through FREE Smart Phone App
- 13 digit Mobile numbers coming soon!!
- Did Trump kissed the receptionist at Trump Tower?
- RBI reiterated confidential instructions for SWIFT to control bank frauds
- Who is Kamal Hassan's Political Hero?
- Rottinghaus & Vaughn thinks Trump's position could greatly increase by the next poll
- Will Kamal Hassan follow footsteps of APJ Abdul Kalam?
- Malaysian firm HelloGold plans to catapult online gold platform in Thailand
- Telangana government plans to construct a new monument
- Kamal Hassan party name is Makkal Needhi Maiam