Chennai sources have stated that after three years, the Tamilnadu State Marketing Corporation Ltd (Tasmac) will be increasing liquor prices across the State. Sources have stated that the increase varies from 10 to 12 (per 180 ml). There will be no increase in beer prices.
Meanwhile a senior government official told “The minutes of the meeting and the order is ready and will be issued any time this week. We are waiting for the final approval to release the order.” He added that this was a routine hike which happened once in three years. Earlier the Tamilnadu government had increased liquor prices in November 2014.
Moreover on an average
Tasmac, the cash-cow of the Tamilnadu government, sells liquor worth about 70
crore a day on weekdays. Further during weekends and festive days, this figure
goes up to 100 crore. Meanwhile when reacting to the proposed increase in
prices, DMK working president M.K. Stalin said the move exposed the
contradiction in the government’s stand. On the one hand, the government had
been saying it would close the Tasmac shops in a phased manner. On the other,
it was hiking the prices.
Ex-Trump campaign manager secretly paid unnamed former senior European politicians According to sources from Washington Mr. Manafort paid over €2m ($2.5m; £1.8m) to the ex-politicians, and so he has maintained his innocence in the face of Mr. Mueller's investigations. Meanwhile Mr. Trump's ex-deputy campaign manager, Rick Gates, has admitted conspiracy and lying to investigators in a plea deal.
- Will the Central govt cheat AP in Special Status issue?
- YS Jagan gets a big bumper for 2019 Elections
- No official intimation of FATF decision by Ahsan Iqbal
- Donald Trump recited the lyrics of a song 'The Snake' about restricting immigration
- KTR welcomed Biocon's decision to set up R&D center in Hyderabad
- Rajinikanth said 'Kamal is efficient, will win hearts of people'
- No new south Indian film will release from March 1
- Devotional Politics or Films?
- Airtel comes to the rescue of Aircel!
- Will Rahul Gandhi beat Modi in 2019?
- Is Kamal Haasan is in Confusion, to achieve corruption free Tamil nadu?
- Singer Papon in trouble over kissing!!
- Priyanka ends Modi's contract!!
- Backlash against Snapchat major revamp led to a Change.org petition entitled
- Naidu under flak over the nomination of industrialists for Rajya Sabha