Bengaluru sources have stated that two autorickshaw drivers have been arrested for allegedly dropping a cockroach in the food served in the state government's flagship programme 'Indira Canteen', to seek 'publicity'. Meanwhile, Hemanth and Devaraj, along with two others went to have meals at Indira Canteen in Kamakshipalya on Friday and created a ruckus when they 'found' a cockroach in the meals.
Meanwhile, the police said, they threatened people serving food there besides urging people not to eat there. Police said the CCTV cameras installed inside the canteen purportedly showed Hemanth bringing the cockroach with him and putting it in the food. During interrogation they revealed that they did it to seek publicity," a police official said. He said they were not affiliated with any political party.
Previously the state government launched the Indira canteens on August 15 offering food at subsidized rates. Breakfast and meals are served at Rs five and Rs 10 respectively. Presently, the scheme is being implemented in Bengaluru municipal limits. Further based on its success, Indira Canteens will be set up in 246 district and taluk headquarters from January 1.
Brazilian Government takes steps to eradicate yellow fever According to sources Brazilian Health Minister Ricardo Barros has proposed to vaccinate the entire country against yellow fever, after the disease emerged in new areas. Sources have stated that the recommendation will now be discussed with international organizations, such as the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO).
- Indian Sikh man's turban ripped by white man outside UK Parliament
- India moves to cancel Nirav Modi's passport
- South Korea says visit of North Korea's General builds North-South relations
- Wipro's next project on a 40 acre land in Telangana
- Aircel isn't closed yet, don't believe rumors!!
- A land of controversies and scandals: Is North Korea a danger zone?
- Your Privacy is in danger, as your love could end in porn sites!!
- Want to Join with Kamal? Visit this website and become a Member
- Kamal explains meaning for his party symbol
- 24 year girl asked to leave an Emirates flight complaining about period pain to her boyfriend
- Nasa existing suits have diapers called maximum absorbency garments
- Donald Trump: 20% of school's teachers be trained to carry concealed weapons
- Astronomers detected black holes ever discovered in the universe
- Preity Zinta filed a case of molestation against Ness Wadia
- Twitter announced new set of guidelines from posting mass tweets