Hyderabad sources have stated that Srilekha Kolluru, a native of Khammam district, is battling for her life after being critically injured in an accident in the Johnson City of New York on Monday. Meanwhile, according to Giridhar Vasireddy, a relative of Srilekha in Fremont, California, Srilekha had reached the US recently and was pursuing a Masters in Computer Science at Binghampton University, NY.
When she was crossing the road after getting down on a bus when a speeding car hit her. She has suffered a major head injury and has been on ventilator support since then. She went through a brain surgery as well and is at the Wilson Memorial Hospital in Johnson City.
According to sources, Srilekha hailed from a poor family in Dendukuru in Madhira of Khammam. Efforts were on to get her parents Kolluru Suresh and Sumathi by her bedside, for which the hospital and university too have written letters to Consular officials. Giridhar said Suresh had sent his daughter, a meritorious student to the US, by taking a bank loan. He said her parents can't afford to bear the huge expenses incurred in America for their daughter’s treatment.
4 Immigration Reform proposals rejected by US Senate According to sources from Washington the US Senate had rejected all the four immigration reform proposals put forward, which, if passed, could have immensely benefited the 1.8 million young migrants who were brought to the country as children and hundreds of thousands of 'skilled' Indian IT professionals. Presently the senators failed to get enough votes for either of the immigration bill to be passed.
- Rs. 11,400 Cr. Scamster Nirav Modi has connection with Bollywood Celebrities
- Will Trump's assurance provide safety after Florida shooting incident?
- Adult toys worth 79 lakhs seized in Chennai!!
- Odedra pleaded guilty to one offence of attempting to possess an indecent image
- Priyanka Chopra to cut ties with Modi!
- Indian teacher arrested for obscene recordings!
- TN LPG Tanker Lorry Owners strike been affected on a daily basis
- Cryptocurrency mining is attacking more mobile users
- Amazon joins rank of biggies by manufacturing its own chipsets for its Alexa
- United States McDonald's is removing cheeseburgers from its Happy Meal menu for Children's issue
- Cong said a whistleblower alerted govt regarding Nirav Modi but PM, Jaitley ignored tip
- Trump & Modi's India-US tie is strong
- Iranian President made his visit to Hyderabad
- Is there a difference in Special Category Status & Special Financial Package?
- Apple gearing up to catapult three new iPhone this fiscal year