Bengaluru sources have stated that state-run Vijaya Bank has reported net profit of Rs 186 crore for the second quarter (Q2) of fiscal 2017-18, registering 20% annual growth from Rs 155 crore in the same period year ago.
Meanwhile sequentially, however, net profit declined 27% from Rs 255 crore posted in the first quarter. Moreover, in a regulatory filing on the BSE on Thursday, the city-based bank said total income for the quarter under review (Q2) at Rs 447 crore was up 15% from Rs 388 crore in the like period year ago. Sequentially, total income declined 12% from Rs 505 crore quarter ago.
As per the filing "Operating profit increased 29% yearly to Rs 734 crore in Q2 from Rs 571 crore in the same period year ago, but declined 2.5% from Rs 753 crore quarter ago". Gross NPA increased 2.4% annually to Rs 6,647 crore in Q2 from Rs 6,491 crore a year ago but declined 2.4% sequentially from Rs 6,812 crore quarter ago. Net NPA, however, declined 2.5% annually to Rs 4,473 crore in Q2 from Rs 4,587 crore a year ago and 6.5% sequentially from Rs 4,784 crore quarter ago.
According to the statement "Net Interest Income went up 22% to Rs 1,008 crore, while Net Interest Margin (NIM) improved 43 basis points to 3.04%," said the bank in a statement here later. "The bank raised equity capital of Rs 700 crore through Qualified Institutional Placement (QIP) during the quarter".
Gujarat CM announced that ban on 'Padmavati' continues despite the change of name Ahmedabad sources have stated that Gujarat government had issued a notification banning the screening of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's upcoming period drama "Padmavati" across the state, saying the step was necessary to maintain law and order. Meanwhile before the Assembly polls in Gujarat in November last year, the state government had banned the movie, which was earlier titled as "Padmavati".
- KCR announced financial aid to farmers irrespective of their social or economic status
- Britain's first woman Sikh Member of Parliament (MP) elevated to Shadow Cabinet
- Low-cost fare offer is on flights including AirAsia India, AirAsia Berhad, Thai AirAsia, AirAsia X and Indonesia AirAsia X
- New bus fare kick-starts for Hyderabad and Warangal depots
- Why Private bus and Car owners haven't registered their names with Labor Department?
- Cockfight was part of Sankranthi Celebrations in Vizag
- Is US President Trump really sane?
- Chairman and CEO of Facebook's personal net's whopping drop of 4.4%
- Diesel price climbing steadily for the past two weeks in Kerala
- Health Advisory team monitoring quality of air in Chennai
- Organizers of cockfight accepts bids with Mobile apps like Paytm
- Salman Khan still comes to the shooting spot with Armed gun men for protection
- DRI looking into role of employees of Jet Airways for their alleged involvement in a major hawala syndicate
- VSPCA working to save Olive Ridleys since 1996, in vain
- Late President APJ Abdul Kalam's quotes soon in English textbooks