Thiruvananthapuram sources have stated that according to official sources, the operation of electric-powered crematoriums has become very expensive as the power consumption is high and uninterrupted power supply is inevitable for it to keep the furnace pre-heated to burn the bodies.
Moreover, at the same time, the eco-friendly gas crematoriums are not only cost-effective and time-saving but also smoke and smell-free, they said. Suchitwa Mission, the state nodal agency for sanitation, is entrusted with the designing and technical support for the construction of LPG-powered crematoriums at the local self-government level.
Further, on the implementation of the project, Suchitwa Mission Director (Operations) C V Joy said the gas crematorium project would be implemented with the support of Kerala Infrastructure Investment Fund Board (KIIFB), the state government's special purpose vehicle.
A total of Rs 110 crore was sanctioned by the government for the initiative. The Director added "No smoke or smell will come out during or after the burning of bodies in it. The entire cremation will be completed within two hours. Relatives can collect ashes or bones within a short span of time".
Gujarat CM announced that ban on 'Padmavati' continues despite the change of name Ahmedabad sources have stated that Gujarat government had issued a notification banning the screening of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's upcoming period drama "Padmavati" across the state, saying the step was necessary to maintain law and order. Meanwhile before the Assembly polls in Gujarat in November last year, the state government had banned the movie, which was earlier titled as "Padmavati".
- KCR announced financial aid to farmers irrespective of their social or economic status
- Britain's first woman Sikh Member of Parliament (MP) elevated to Shadow Cabinet
- Low-cost fare offer is on flights including AirAsia India, AirAsia Berhad, Thai AirAsia, AirAsia X and Indonesia AirAsia X
- New bus fare kick-starts for Hyderabad and Warangal depots
- Why Private bus and Car owners haven't registered their names with Labor Department?
- Cockfight was part of Sankranthi Celebrations in Vizag
- Is US President Trump really sane?
- Chairman and CEO of Facebook's personal net's whopping drop of 4.4%
- Diesel price climbing steadily for the past two weeks in Kerala
- Health Advisory team monitoring quality of air in Chennai
- Organizers of cockfight accepts bids with Mobile apps like Paytm
- Salman Khan still comes to the shooting spot with Armed gun men for protection
- DRI looking into role of employees of Jet Airways for their alleged involvement in a major hawala syndicate
- VSPCA working to save Olive Ridleys since 1996, in vain
- Late President APJ Abdul Kalam's quotes soon in English textbooks