According to sources Narendra Modi’s Goods and Services Tax (GST) bandwagon is going through rough Indian roads. Big industries are worried about the complexity of the rate structure and classification of products under the tax regime originally conceptualized as ‘One nation, one tax’. Small traders are so dumbstruck looking at the convoluted structure and compliance process that many of them don’t know where they stand in the whole affair. By now, it is clear that both the GST council and the government failed to foresee the likely hurdles before setting the ball rolling on the grand tax reform.
Meanwhile after a few days, Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley promised some corrective measures to ease the pain of small entrepreneurs. A group of Ministers (GoM) set up to think of more ways to simplify the GST structure has now come up with some interesting suggestions. These proposals will be taken up in the next GST council meeting.
Moreover the government is currently changing the rules on the go that
will only bring more uncertainty and hassles to the industry and confusion to
investors. Applying the Subramanian formula of three rates to the GST structure
could make it lot simpler and consistent with the original objective.
4 Immigration Reform proposals rejected by US Senate According to sources from Washington the US Senate had rejected all the four immigration reform proposals put forward, which, if passed, could have immensely benefited the 1.8 million young migrants who were brought to the country as children and hundreds of thousands of 'skilled' Indian IT professionals. Presently the senators failed to get enough votes for either of the immigration bill to be passed.
- Rs. 11,400 Cr. Scamster Nirav Modi has connection with Bollywood Celebrities
- Will Trump's assurance provide safety after Florida shooting incident?
- Adult toys worth 79 lakhs seized in Chennai!!
- Odedra pleaded guilty to one offence of attempting to possess an indecent image
- Priyanka Chopra to cut ties with Modi!
- Indian teacher arrested for obscene recordings!
- TN LPG Tanker Lorry Owners strike been affected on a daily basis
- Cryptocurrency mining is attacking more mobile users
- Amazon joins rank of biggies by manufacturing its own chipsets for its Alexa
- United States McDonald's is removing cheeseburgers from its Happy Meal menu for Children's issue
- Cong said a whistleblower alerted govt regarding Nirav Modi but PM, Jaitley ignored tip
- Trump & Modi's India-US tie is strong
- Iranian President made his visit to Hyderabad
- Is there a difference in Special Category Status & Special Financial Package?
- Apple gearing up to catapult three new iPhone this fiscal year