Sources from New Delhi have stated that with final date not yet finalized to elect a new Congress president, the party is hopeful that the elevation of Rahul Gandhi as President will take place next month. Meanwhile the issue of Gandhi's elevation was raised in a meeting of General Secretaries on Monday. It was presided by Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi. Further according to informed sources, the issue was raised in the meeting and it was decided that the entire election process would be completed very soon, most likely in November.
Meanwhile couple of days back, the party had said it had time till December 31 to complete the entire organizational election process, indicating that Rahul Gandhi's much-expected elevation as party president may not take place before the Gujarat elections. Congress spokesperson Ajay Maken had said "The election process in the states is in advanced stage. We have to take a decision by the end of this year and we will do so at the appropriate time, and the election process will also be completed in due course".
"The deadline is till the end of this year," he added on being
asked why Gandhi was not being chosen as party President by October 31. The
Congress had earlier set a deadline to complete the organizational elections by
the end of October.
Strong earthquake shook large swathe of southern & central Mexico According to sources from Mexicos National Seismological Service and as per report the US Geological Survey triggering the quake alarm system in Mexico City and causing buildings to sway and there were no immediate reports of damage or injuries from the quake, which measured 7.2 in magnitude.
- 4 Immigration Reform proposals rejected by US Senate
- Rs. 11,400 Cr. Scamster Nirav Modi has connection with Bollywood Celebrities
- Will Trump's assurance provide safety after Florida shooting incident?
- Adult toys worth 79 lakhs seized in Chennai!!
- Odedra pleaded guilty to one offence of attempting to possess an indecent image
- Priyanka Chopra to cut ties with Modi!
- Indian teacher arrested for obscene recordings!
- TN LPG Tanker Lorry Owners strike been affected on a daily basis
- Cryptocurrency mining is attacking more mobile users
- Amazon joins rank of biggies by manufacturing its own chipsets for its Alexa
- United States McDonald's is removing cheeseburgers from its Happy Meal menu for Children's issue
- Cong said a whistleblower alerted govt regarding Nirav Modi but PM, Jaitley ignored tip
- Trump & Modi's India-US tie is strong
- Iranian President made his visit to Hyderabad
- Is there a difference in Special Category Status & Special Financial Package?