Who can forget the 2015 deluge which literally shook the entire Chennai? The whole streets were flooded and people came to roads despite heavy rains. The mishap happened as Chembarambakkam lake was filled over the limits and it broke inside the city limits.
In this case, there has been some noise on the social media issuing warning to the people that the Chembarambakkam Lake has been filled once again and water has rushed to the city. But Tamil Nadu Minister Udayakumar has denied the reports and said they are keeping an eye on it, and so far it is not full.
Most parts of Chennai have plunged into darkness due to uninterrupted heavy downpour and people are struggling to move out of their homes. The situation seems to be out of control. Heavy rainfall is predicted for next 24 hours as another low pressure has been formed.
US Government shutdown to ensure that all unpaid workers received retroactive pay Accordingly the US government on Saturday shut down after a period of five years as Congress failed to overcome standoff over spending and immigration. Meanwhile US President Donald Trump and Congress were unable to pass the short-term bill to keep the US government open and prevent agencies from shutting down.
- Decision by TRAI allows airlines to offer calls, internet services once they meet security norms
- Chintakindi Malleshwam journey shows how hardship can win Padma Shri
- Will Kamal quit cinema and join poltics full time or is he gonna sail in Two Boats?
- KTR's marvelous plan to link MoU with Tokyo for Telangana
- Tamilnadu Government increased fares of State run transport corporations by 20 to 54.54%
- Padmavat - what a "waist" of time! Deepika's waist is covered now!
- Indian President unveiled a book titled 'The Heartfulness Way'
- Aadhaar seeding & bank account linking helps do away with multiple provident fund accounts
- Is there any ultimate solution to ensure children's safety in schools?
- Trump said Tax cuts are the most significant reforms in American history
- Do you know AP's position in Per Capita Income?
- Election Commission disqualified 20 AAP MLAs for holding 'Office of Profit' of Kejriwal Government
- Patent reveals Samsung plans to put front camera, sensors underneath the display
- Supreme Court stays ban by Rajasthan, Gujarat, Haryana and MP for screening Padmaavat
- Election commission against 20 AAP MLAs!