Rameswaram sources from Tamilnadu have stated that eight Tamilnadu fishermen were on Sunday arrested by the Sri Lankan Navy when they were allegedly fishing near Neduntheevu in the island nation's waters.
According to sources the fishermen from Akarapettai in Nagapattinam district, who put out to sea in a mechanized boat, were arrested on charges of poaching fish in Lanka's territorial waters, Assistant Director of Fisheries Department Nagapattinam Gangadhar said.
He added that the fishermen were taken to Parunthithurai. Moreover
thirteen fishermen from the state were arrested by the Sri Lankan Navy on
November 2 when they were allegedly fishing near Neduntheevu. Furthermore
Tamilnadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami had on October 27 urged the Centre to
take steps to secure the release of 54 fishermen and 140 fishing boats from Sri
Gujarat CM announced that ban on 'Padmavati' continues despite the change of name Ahmedabad sources have stated that Gujarat government had issued a notification banning the screening of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's upcoming period drama "Padmavati" across the state, saying the step was necessary to maintain law and order. Meanwhile before the Assembly polls in Gujarat in November last year, the state government had banned the movie, which was earlier titled as "Padmavati".
- KCR announced financial aid to farmers irrespective of their social or economic status
- Britain's first woman Sikh Member of Parliament (MP) elevated to Shadow Cabinet
- Low-cost fare offer is on flights including AirAsia India, AirAsia Berhad, Thai AirAsia, AirAsia X and Indonesia AirAsia X
- New bus fare kick-starts for Hyderabad and Warangal depots
- Why Private bus and Car owners haven't registered their names with Labor Department?
- Cockfight was part of Sankranthi Celebrations in Vizag
- Is US President Trump really sane?
- Chairman and CEO of Facebook's personal net's whopping drop of 4.4%
- Diesel price climbing steadily for the past two weeks in Kerala
- Health Advisory team monitoring quality of air in Chennai
- Organizers of cockfight accepts bids with Mobile apps like Paytm
- Salman Khan still comes to the shooting spot with Armed gun men for protection
- DRI looking into role of employees of Jet Airways for their alleged involvement in a major hawala syndicate
- VSPCA working to save Olive Ridleys since 1996, in vain
- Late President APJ Abdul Kalam's quotes soon in English textbooks