Hyderabad sources have stated that a senior official said Telangana Legal Metrology Department which has taken up a special drive across the state following complaints of levy of GST on packed goods having MRP, has registered over 1,000 cases and imposed fines to the tune of over Rs 10 lakh.
Meanwhile the department found that small traders to big shopping malls and even multiplexes and prominent MNC food chains were allegedly indulging in this fraud, he said. Commissioner for Civil Supplies, Legal and Metrological Controller C V Anand had last month warned manufacturers, packers, importers against collecting GST in addition to the MRP on packaged goods.
Further on receiving several complaints from people,
special teams with Legal and Metrology Department officials were formed to make
checks statewide and cases were booked against those indulged in malpractice or
deceptive act. Anand said they are cheating people by charging GST on MRP
and added if anybody is caught first time charging more than MRP, the penalty
will be from Rs 2,000 to Rs 25,000 and if anybody is caught second time the
penalty will be doubled.
New bus fare kick-starts for Hyderabad and Warangal depots Hyderabad sources have reported that the address the problem of having to give small change in bus fares, TSRTC has rationalized the city ticket fare structure. Meanwhile the minimum fare for city ordinary buses is now Rs 5, down from Rs 7 and the fare increases for longer distances. Accordingly the new fares kick in on Monday for Hyderabad and Warangal depots.
- Why Private bus and Car owners haven't registered their names with Labor Department?
- Tughlaq Editor asks will BJP join hands with Rajinikanth
- Bitcoin and the Cryptocurrency war!!
- Google's new app helps to determine key features of user's face!!!!
- Sri Lanka re imposes liquor ban for women!!
- What will happen when Doctors and Software Specialists enters Politics?
- Fresh plea made by Chandrababu Naidu for construction of Metro Rail Projects
- Fly at 99 offer from Air Asia!!
- Flight passengers rescued after near death experience!!
- Gujarat CM announced that ban on 'Padmavati' continues despite the change of name
- KCR announced financial aid to farmers irrespective of their social or economic status
- Britain's first woman Sikh Member of Parliament (MP) elevated to Shadow Cabinet
- Low-cost fare offer is on flights including AirAsia India, AirAsia Berhad, Thai AirAsia, AirAsia X and Indonesia AirAsia X
- Cockfight was part of Sankranthi Celebrations in Vizag
- Is US President Trump really sane?