Following a failed test in December 2015, India today successfully test fired it's indigenous subsonic cruise missile Nirbhay. The errors that lead to the fourth trial in December, were rectified prior to today's test fire of the first indigenously developed long-range cruise missile that can be deployed on various platforms. The test fire was conducted at an integrated test range, Chandipur, Odisha.
With a capacity to cruise at 0.7 Mach and altitudes as low as 100 meters, the test completed all its missions successfully, improving the morale of the scientists. All critical operations including launch phase, booster deploying, engine start and wing deploying were demonstrated by the missile through autonomous waypoint navigation. The control and navigation of the missile are configured around the ring laser gyroscope and MEMS-based inertial navigation system, Besides GPS.
Nirbhay cruised for 50 minutes, and achieving a range of 647 kilometers, and was tracked with ground radars and parameters monitored by DRDO developed telemetry stations. Witnessed by DRDO chairman S Christopher, and DG Ramanarayanan, the team of DRDO officials were congratulated by defense minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
The first test of the 750-1000 km range missile in March 2013, failed after it fell in just 20 minutes of flight. The second test in October 2014 was successful, and the 3rd test witnessed the missile nose diving post coverage of 128 km of Bay of Bengal.
US Government shutdown to ensure that all unpaid workers received retroactive pay Accordingly the US government on Saturday shut down after a period of five years as Congress failed to overcome standoff over spending and immigration. Meanwhile US President Donald Trump and Congress were unable to pass the short-term bill to keep the US government open and prevent agencies from shutting down.
- Decision by TRAI allows airlines to offer calls, internet services once they meet security norms
- Chintakindi Malleshwam journey shows how hardship can win Padma Shri
- Will Kamal quit cinema and join poltics full time or is he gonna sail in Two Boats?
- KTR's marvelous plan to link MoU with Tokyo for Telangana
- Tamilnadu Government increased fares of State run transport corporations by 20 to 54.54%
- Padmavat - what a "waist" of time! Deepika's waist is covered now!
- Indian President unveiled a book titled 'The Heartfulness Way'
- Aadhaar seeding & bank account linking helps do away with multiple provident fund accounts
- Is there any ultimate solution to ensure children's safety in schools?
- Trump said Tax cuts are the most significant reforms in American history
- Do you know AP's position in Per Capita Income?
- Election Commission disqualified 20 AAP MLAs for holding 'Office of Profit' of Kejriwal Government
- Patent reveals Samsung plans to put front camera, sensors underneath the display
- Supreme Court stays ban by Rajasthan, Gujarat, Haryana and MP for screening Padmaavat
- Election commission against 20 AAP MLAs!