The 23rd GST Council Meeting took place and it has decided to cut down the Tax rate from 28% to 18%. The GST Council has decided to cut down the tax rate on 177 goods. Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi attended the GST council meeting at Guwahati and the council decided to cut down the tax rate.
Speaking to the media, he said, "We have reduced all items of common consumption from 28% to 18%. Chewing gum, chocolates, shaving items, shampoo, skin creams, taxes have been reduced. There were 227 items in 28% slab. Now it has been pruned to 62 items.
However, Paints and Cement have been retained in the same 28% Tax bracket." Apart from this, the GST council has also decided to lower the Tax rates in A/C Food restaurants. This would bring a huge relief to small-scale industries. The GST council meeting takes place every month since the new indirect tax regime was introduced on July 1, 2017.
Apart from these, Tractors which are used for agriculture purposes have a reduced GST of 12%. Textiles also have just 5% GST. Earlier it was 18% for Textiles. Only 50 items will have 28% GST from now on.
New bus fare kick-starts for Hyderabad and Warangal depots Hyderabad sources have reported that the address the problem of having to give small change in bus fares, TSRTC has rationalized the city ticket fare structure. Meanwhile the minimum fare for city ordinary buses is now Rs 5, down from Rs 7 and the fare increases for longer distances. Accordingly the new fares kick in on Monday for Hyderabad and Warangal depots.
- Why Private bus and Car owners haven't registered their names with Labor Department?
- Tughlaq Editor asks will BJP join hands with Rajinikanth
- Bitcoin and the Cryptocurrency war!!
- Google's new app helps to determine key features of user's face!!!!
- Sri Lanka re imposes liquor ban for women!!
- What will happen when Doctors and Software Specialists enters Politics?
- Fresh plea made by Chandrababu Naidu for construction of Metro Rail Projects
- Fly at 99 offer from Air Asia!!
- Flight passengers rescued after near death experience!!
- Gujarat CM announced that ban on 'Padmavati' continues despite the change of name
- KCR announced financial aid to farmers irrespective of their social or economic status
- Britain's first woman Sikh Member of Parliament (MP) elevated to Shadow Cabinet
- Low-cost fare offer is on flights including AirAsia India, AirAsia Berhad, Thai AirAsia, AirAsia X and Indonesia AirAsia X
- Cockfight was part of Sankranthi Celebrations in Vizag
- Is US President Trump really sane?