Recently, a short film titled 'Lakshmi' has created a storm on the social media. The short film takes a dig on Tamil Culture and Pride. A lower-middle-class lady is having a regular life with her husband and kid. Her husband just uses her for sexual pleasure and never shows any love.
One fine day, she finds out that her husband has an affair with another lady. And at that time, she gets an acquaintance through her electric train travel. And she sleeps with him after he just allures her with some Bharathiyar poems.
This short film is both criticized and praised on the social media. Had she walked out of the room saying that she is a mother of a kid, the short film would have been a pride of Tamil culture. Now, it has just bought shame! Also using Bharathiyar's lines for seducing a married woman who is also a mother of a kid is completely degrading the poet himself.
Check out some of the tweets praising and degrading the short film,
#Lakshmi's Husband Raped Lakshmi but it is Legal— Balu (@Asaradhavan) November 9, 2017
Lakshmi & #Kathir Had Sex but it is Affair
Because Lakshmi's Husband have a License which Kathir Don't Have Called as Marriage
Adhana da unga Logic? pic.twitter.com/mpWIaWaNeB
Bitter truth.— Chennai 360* (@OurChennai360) November 9, 2017
Mass dialogue from #Lakshmi
In a middle class life, even our hormones need to be in middle class. @LakshmiPriyaaC rocks. @sarjun34 neenga vera level sir. Brave attempt. pic.twitter.com/PSKTYJihJA
#Lakshmi and NO this is NOT feminism.. This is just a normal human being being frustated about her sexual life and waiting for the right time and opportunity.. Nothing empowering about it!!— Wanderlust (@whimsydaisy) November 9, 2017
No new south Indian film will release from March 1 According to sources talks between digital service providers (DSPs) and the south Indian film industries have failed once again. Earlier on Friday, the two parties met to attempt a resolution to the standoff. This was the third round of talks. However, the crisis was not resolved and now, no new south Indian film will release from March 1 till the two parties come to an agreement.
- Devotional Politics or Films?
- Airtel comes to the rescue of Aircel!
- Will Rahul Gandhi beat Modi in 2019?
- Is Kamal Haasan is in Confusion, to achieve corruption free Tamil nadu?
- Singer Papon in trouble over kissing!!
- Priyanka ends Modi's contract!!
- Backlash against Snapchat major revamp led to a Change.org petition entitled
- Naidu under flak over the nomination of industrialists for Rajya Sabha
- CID & ED registered two FIRs each to probe SEZ unit of Gitanjali Group
- PNB's 10,000 credit or debit card holders affected by a data breach by fugitive luxury jewelers
- Ivanka Trump likely to meet Pyongyang's delegation during its trip
- DoT unveiled a strategic plan for bringing together state owned telecom companies
- Rahul Gandhi accused TDP and BJP of cheating AP people in special status
- IT issued a show cause notice to Kothari
- Brazilian Government takes steps to eradicate yellow fever