Hyderabad sources have stated that Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao said his Government will wage a legal battle if the Centre refuses to ensure increased reservation for socially and economically backward among the Muslims and Scheduled Tribes. Meanwhile he told the Assembly that he was confident the Centre will accept the state's demand to include the state legislation in the 9th Schedule of the Indian Constitution to this effect but said the state will approach the Supreme Court if necessary.
KCR said the ruling Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) will also raise the issue in the winter session of Parliament. Earlier in April, the Assembly passed legislation, increasing the quota for the two categories to 12 and 10% respectively. Socially and economically backward among the Muslims under the Backward Classes (E) category currently enjoy 4% quota in educational institutions and government jobs while STs have 6% reservation.
As the hike in quota for Muslims and STs will take
overall reservation in Telangana to 62%, the state is urging the Centre to
include it in the 9th Schedule as was done in case of Tamilnadu, where the
total reservation is 69%.
New bus fare kick-starts for Hyderabad and Warangal depots Hyderabad sources have reported that the address the problem of having to give small change in bus fares, TSRTC has rationalized the city ticket fare structure. Meanwhile the minimum fare for city ordinary buses is now Rs 5, down from Rs 7 and the fare increases for longer distances. Accordingly the new fares kick in on Monday for Hyderabad and Warangal depots.
- Why Private bus and Car owners haven't registered their names with Labor Department?
- Tughlaq Editor asks will BJP join hands with Rajinikanth
- Bitcoin and the Cryptocurrency war!!
- Google's new app helps to determine key features of user's face!!!!
- Sri Lanka re imposes liquor ban for women!!
- What will happen when Doctors and Software Specialists enters Politics?
- Fresh plea made by Chandrababu Naidu for construction of Metro Rail Projects
- Fly at 99 offer from Air Asia!!
- Flight passengers rescued after near death experience!!
- Gujarat CM announced that ban on 'Padmavati' continues despite the change of name
- KCR announced financial aid to farmers irrespective of their social or economic status
- Britain's first woman Sikh Member of Parliament (MP) elevated to Shadow Cabinet
- Low-cost fare offer is on flights including AirAsia India, AirAsia Berhad, Thai AirAsia, AirAsia X and Indonesia AirAsia X
- Cockfight was part of Sankranthi Celebrations in Vizag
- Is US President Trump really sane?