Amaravati sources have reported that the winter session of Andhra Pradesh State Legislative Assembly and Council commenced on Friday, November 10, without the Opposition YSR Congress party sitting in the House. YSRCP decided to boycott the entire winter session to mark its protest against inaction by the Speaker against the 21 defected MLAs in the state.
Meanwhile it may be recalled here that the ruling TDP has lured 21 MLAs elected on YSRCP ticket in 2014 elections into its fold and no action has been taken by the Speaker K. Sivaprasad despite repeated demands from the Opposition to disqualify them. Further the winter session is likely to be held for 7-10 days. The state government is planning to introduce three important Bills during the session.
Moreover with no Opposition in the Assembly, the
ruling TDP government will take up the role of the Opposition and has decided
to discuss at least 10 issues every day and raise 200 questions in 10 days.
Accordingly tight security has been tightened in around the Assembly premises
with 1,000 police officials deployed in this regard while 400 police personnel
stationed at check-posts on six roads leading to Assembly.
YSR Congress gave notice for no-trust motion as SCS not granted to AP New Delhi sources have stated that the YSR Congress Party will pitch for taking up their notice of no-confidence motion against the Modi government when the Lok Sabha meets today amid no signs of a let-up in the deadlock in its proceedings. Meanwhile Y V Subba Reddy of the YSR Congress has written to the Lok Sabha secretariat to put his notice for the motion in the revised list of business for today.
- US told Pakistan to do more against Taliban & other terror groups operating
- Rahul says Modi is not fighting corruption, Modi is corruption
- AirAsia Flight returned to Bengaluru instead of landing in Chennai
- Controversial actress cites Modi as role model for Women!
- A Dog makes a plane to take diversion!
- 53 years old rapes 90 year old!!
- Southern states join hands against Modi!!
- Putin uses election run-up to emphasize Russia's role as a major world power
- Jagan Mohan Reddy will be the new Chief Minister says YSR Panchangam!
- Saudi Crown Prince Vision 2030 seeks to jump-start women's sports
- KCR plans to meet West Bengal CM soon
- Sonia Gandhi feels Modi's policies are dramebaazi
- Issue of No Confidence Motion brought attention of nation towards AP
- Sri Lanka lifted a week-long ban on Facebook
- Why Shami wants to meet West Bengal CM?