According to sources if Indian NRIs living out of the country cast their vote in the general election, certainly the polling percentage will top statistics. But, in the past, no attempts were made to bring up a constitutional bill that can help non-resident Indians cast their vote either through postal or e-ballot. Currently Narendra Modi-led BJP government is expected to make changes to election bill so that NRIs too can participate in the voting.
Meanwhile the union government on Friday sought some time from apex court saying that 'a bill in this regard will pass in the coming winter session of parliament.' Moreover following the Centre's request, Supreme Court bench comprising the Chief Justice Deepak Mishra, Justice D.Y Chandrachud & Justice A.M Khanwilkar adjourned voting rights petition by 12 weeks.
It means, we can likely see non resident
Indians voting in India very soon. Experts tell that this constitutional
amendment will extensively benefit Modi in the coming polls. Earlier in the past, attorney general KK Venugopal advocated the petition by saying that
'until an amendment is made to constitution, NRIs cannot cast their vote for an
election in India.'
Which Network's plan is the best?? Airtel or Reliance Jio According to sources after Reliance Jio entered telecom Industry intense tariff war seems to be a never ending process. Meanwhile the other operators such as Airtel, Idea and Vodafone are facing the impact and have slashed the pricing of their tariff plans considerably so that they retain their consumers by offering them data and calls for a cheap rate.
- New bus fare kick-starts for Hyderabad and Warangal depots
- Why Private bus and Car owners haven't registered their names with Labor Department?
- Tughlaq Editor asks will BJP join hands with Rajinikanth
- Bitcoin and the Cryptocurrency war!!
- Google's new app helps to determine key features of user's face!!!!
- Sri Lanka re imposes liquor ban for women!!
- What will happen when Doctors and Software Specialists enters Politics?
- Fresh plea made by Chandrababu Naidu for construction of Metro Rail Projects
- Fly at 99 offer from Air Asia!!
- Flight passengers rescued after near death experience!!
- Gujarat CM announced that ban on 'Padmavati' continues despite the change of name
- KCR announced financial aid to farmers irrespective of their social or economic status
- Britain's first woman Sikh Member of Parliament (MP) elevated to Shadow Cabinet
- Low-cost fare offer is on flights including AirAsia India, AirAsia Berhad, Thai AirAsia, AirAsia X and Indonesia AirAsia X
- Cockfight was part of Sankranthi Celebrations in Vizag