Chennai sources have reported that the Income Tax officials say they have found Rs.1,430 crore in undeclared income in raids on Jaya TV and family members of jailed AIADMK party leader VK Sasikala including brother VK Divakaran. Meanwhile authorities also said Rs. 7 crore in cash and Rs. 5 crore worth of gold and a huge collection of diamond jewellery the value of which is yet to be assessed have been recovered. Specialist diamond assessors have been summoned to evaluate the haul.
Moreover at the end of the five day search, a senior officer told, "The extent of unaccounted income will definitely be much higher than Rs. 1,430 crore. There's also evidence of huge amounts parked in several places across the country." Further the officials also said they have identified several shell companies floated by the family members of Ms Sasikala, an aide of former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalitha who died last year.
Further they have also found a huge number of incriminating documents which are yet to be studied in detail. Accordingly the Income Tax department however denies any political links and says the raids were part of an operation called "clean money drive". Vijay Jayaraman who is the CEO of Jaya TV met the press and said, "This is just a Government driven operation and there are no political inhibitions. We have submitted all documents and we are clean." He never answered any questions from the media. Now, the big question is, if he says clean, what about the undeclared assets said by IT officials?
Why Private bus and Car owners haven't registered their names with Labor Department? Khammam sources have stated that many of the lorry, private bus and car owners haven't registered their names with the labor department but continue to ply their vehicles to transport goods. Earlier they have been asked to register their name on the website of the department.
- Tughlaq Editor asks will BJP join hands with Rajinikanth
- Bitcoin and the Cryptocurrency war!!
- Google's new app helps to determine key features of user's face!!!!
- Sri Lanka re imposes liquor ban for women!!
- What will happen when Doctors and Software Specialists enters Politics?
- Fresh plea made by Chandrababu Naidu for construction of Metro Rail Projects
- Fly at 99 offer from Air Asia!!
- Flight passengers rescued after near death experience!!
- Gujarat CM announced that ban on 'Padmavati' continues despite the change of name
- KCR announced financial aid to farmers irrespective of their social or economic status
- Britain's first woman Sikh Member of Parliament (MP) elevated to Shadow Cabinet
- Low-cost fare offer is on flights including AirAsia India, AirAsia Berhad, Thai AirAsia, AirAsia X and Indonesia AirAsia X
- Cockfight was part of Sankranthi Celebrations in Vizag
- Is US President Trump really sane?
- Chairman and CEO of Facebook's personal net's whopping drop of 4.4%