The Christians in South East China are asked to replace the images of Jesus Christ with President Xi Jinping. If they don't replace, they won't receive any government benefits which would actually alleviate their poverty.
The Christians who are residing in Yugan county in the rural south-east China were told by the local officials that Jesus is not going to drag them out of poverty or heal them when they suffer, but the Chinese Communist Party will. So, they were asked to remove pictures of Jesus Christ and put up a nice blowup picture of the President Xi Jinping.
For those who are unaware, Poyang Lake is China's largest freshwater lake and the people are located near the edge of Poyang which comes under Jinping province. The area is known for poverty and most of the people are Christians.
A report from Washington Post says that the villagers had removed the posters of Jesus Christ and Christian religious sayings and they replaced it with the Chinese President. The communist party continues to campaign that the party is supporting agriculture and they are alleviating poverty.
Qi Yan who is the chairman of the Huangjinbu people's congress said, "Most of the people are ignorant. They think Jesus is their savior. But we made them realize their mistake and we made them think. They no longer rely on Jesus, but on the party for some real help." He concluded by saying, the government themselves distribute 1000 portraits of President Xi Jinping.
Which Network's plan is the best?? Airtel or Reliance Jio According to sources after Reliance Jio entered telecom Industry intense tariff war seems to be a never ending process. Meanwhile the other operators such as Airtel, Idea and Vodafone are facing the impact and have slashed the pricing of their tariff plans considerably so that they retain their consumers by offering them data and calls for a cheap rate.
- New bus fare kick-starts for Hyderabad and Warangal depots
- Why Private bus and Car owners haven't registered their names with Labor Department?
- Tughlaq Editor asks will BJP join hands with Rajinikanth
- Bitcoin and the Cryptocurrency war!!
- Google's new app helps to determine key features of user's face!!!!
- Sri Lanka re imposes liquor ban for women!!
- What will happen when Doctors and Software Specialists enters Politics?
- Fresh plea made by Chandrababu Naidu for construction of Metro Rail Projects
- Fly at 99 offer from Air Asia!!
- Flight passengers rescued after near death experience!!
- Gujarat CM announced that ban on 'Padmavati' continues despite the change of name
- KCR announced financial aid to farmers irrespective of their social or economic status
- Britain's first woman Sikh Member of Parliament (MP) elevated to Shadow Cabinet
- Low-cost fare offer is on flights including AirAsia India, AirAsia Berhad, Thai AirAsia, AirAsia X and Indonesia AirAsia X
- Cockfight was part of Sankranthi Celebrations in Vizag