New Delhi sources have stated that Japanese auto major Yamaha is conducting a feasibility study to evaluate possibility of launching electric two-wheelers in India. Meanwhile a top company executive said the company, which sells a range of bikes and scooters in the country, may also look at investing opportunities for power units and batteries for electric vehicles (EVs).
Yamaha Motor Research and Development India MD Yasuo Ishihara told "We are at present conducting a feasibility study in this area. Yamaha has an edge in this segment as we already have such products in other countries. Transferring such products to India, it is not so difficult". Through the study, the company is also planning to assess if EVs could completely replace models that are run on internal combustion engines.
Furthermore according to a report by
government think tank Niti Aayog and Rocky Mountain Institute, India's move
towards 100 per cent electric vehicles fleet by 2030 could create a USD 300
billion domestic market for EV batteries.
This Photo of Prince Louis and Mother Kate is going 'VIRAL' Well, Prince Louis is taking the Internet by storm even before his tooth comes out. A Photo of Prince Louis along with his mother Kate Middleton is taking the Internet by storm. The photo was clicked by Matt Porteous and it was released on the Social media by the Kensington Palace.
- 11-Year-Old Girl was Sexually Harassed by 15 men for 7 months in various places
- Parliament Session begins Tomorrow - Controversial Bills to be Passed?
- Pawan Failed to STOP: Renu Desai REVEALS !!
- Why Croatia Coach reacted badly after France won FIFA 2018?
- TN CM conveyed to Centre to admit students to AYUSH courses based on NEET
- Apple definitely worried in market that sells 3.2 million handsets in a year
- How mishap happened during PMs Rally at WB
- Excitement continues for France after winning FIFA World Cup 2018
- Heavy rains lashed Kerala, reliable camps functioning
- Lieutenant Governor Kiran Bedi warned SVMCH College to a fee dispute
- Former Indian Cricket Captain Mohammed Azharuddin ready to fight 2019 Polls
- Controversy after ADMK MLA condoles Rowdy death!
- Trump and his discussion with Putin!
- Why so many IT Raids in Tamil Nadu?
- Gopu and Babu join BJP!