According to sources former chief ministers the late C N Annadurai, M G Ramachandran (MGR) and Jayalalitha besides other actors like S S Rajendran, Sarath Kumar and D Napoleon have forayed into politics for successful careers. Meanwhile according to Rajinikanth, the "system is rotten" as he asked his fans to "prepare for a war".
Moreover Hassan, in particular, went ballistic against the ruling AIADMK on corruption, throwing regular barbs against the government, with the ministers criticizing him and a self-declared rationalist, he courted controversy when he hit out at what he called Hindu extremism.
Ailing DMK chief M Karunanidhi, now in his
90's, too is not a novice to Tamilnadu filmdom, having been a successful
script-writer. Further the patch-up between Panneerselvam and Palanisamy saw
the former becoming deputy chief minister in the government. Moreover the camp
got a shot in its arm when the Election Commission awarded the 'two leaves'
symbol to it. Now, Dhinakaran is fighting the December 21 by poll to RK Nagar
as an independent.
Will AIADMK support TDP in No-Trust Vote? Chennai sources added that Tamilnadu Chief Minister K Palanisamy on Thursday hinted his party AIADMK might not back the no-confidence motion against the Narendra Modi government, saying the motion was moved by the TDP over an issue concerning Andhra Pradesh. Accordingly Palaniswamy said “No party had backed Tamilnadu on the Cauvery issue when AIADMK lawmakers had stalled
- Women should be allowed to offer prayers in Sabarimala temple: SC
- Rohit s superlative one day form that earned him a Test call soon
- Sri Lanka temporarily shuts down Facebook after hate speech resulting in mob violence
- What is Non-Confidence Motion? How does it Work?
- OMG... Is Dhoni retiring from ODI's and T20's ??
- TDP MP to Skip No-Trust Vote Tomorrow as he feels Modi Govt will not fall
- UP Cricket Team Selection is based on Prostitutes, Sex, and Money - Rajiv Shukla in Trouble?
- War between Yadav & Azhar continues
- VHP & Bajrang Dal commenced Road blockade Today
- Why Tamil TV Serial Starlet Priyanka committed suicide?
- JC DIVAKAR REDDYS UNRULY DECISION MAY TAMPER TDPCHANCES
- Is Modi Government ready to face first No Trust Motion be held tomorrow?
- Rahul looks like his mother who is a foreigner, he can never be PM: Jai Prakash Singh
- Kerala Govt prepares list of calamities incurred by each individual
- South Western Railway catapulted Captain Service in Bengaluru-New Delhi Karnataka Express train