With 2017 coming to an end, here's a list of women who rose despite struggles, Shone with their talents and beauty, turned inspirational and proved their might and valor when it needed the most.
Kausalya Shankar, now an anti-caste fighter, who lost her husband to a heinous act of a caste murder, had her father and all accused getting death sentences recently. Dhivya Bharathi shot to fame with her documentary Kakkoos on manual scavenging, and was later arrested on grounds of participating in a student protest, and was released after huge support to her.
The Malayalam actress Bhavana who faced sexual assault and boldly faced and fought against betrayers in her own industry, and is getting married next month, Sabi Giri a transgender who was fired from Navy for expressing her gender, and fought to claim justice, Doctor Shimna Azeez from Kerala who was known for her efforts to spread vaccination awareness, additional superintendent of police GR Radhika who became the first to scale Mt.Elbrus the highest peak in Europe and a dormant volcano, and first woman police officer to scale Mt.Everest.
Puducherry based Roopa Alagirisamy who'll join navy arms inspectorate and will be monitoring the weapons, missiles, torpedo and artillery, Swati Lakra the Hyderabad additional commissioner of police , who along with SHE teams who had tirelessly eliminated many men who had misbehaved and harassed women, former DIG of Prisons, Roopa Moudgil who had exposed Sasikala and high profile prisoners and the liberty they enjoy in prisons.
Grace Banu the first transgender to secure engineering seat and her activism for transgenders, Actresses Parvathy and Nayanthara who have spoken much for women of the industry facing chauvinism and for rising to power in the industry as a solo heroine respectively, PV Sindhu who has been a national pride winning many championships, cinema collective of Kerala and the Kerala karate sisters who fought harassment boldly, are some of the powerful women of 2017.
SHOCKING! Here After you can't buy Products at Lower Price on ONLINE SHOPPING SITES - Modi Govt changes Accounting System All of the leading e-commerce companies in India, such as Flipkart, Amazon, and Snapdeal, have been spending more money on marketing by reducing the prices and announcing discounts on their products. E-commerce firms, which spend on marketing and discounts, had always been deducting them from total revenues, presenting loss figure estimates and receiving tax concession. An explanation for this was sought by the Income Tax Department, From the leading companies like Flipkart and Amazon, to change
- Indian Navy's sailing boat INSV Tarini, with all women crew entered Port Stanley in the Falkland Islands
- Will UP become top developmental charts by 2022 when the state elects the next Assembly?
- Report says Collector Amrapali Kaata is going to get married soon
- Shocking: Union Oil Minister trying to bring petrol and diesel under the purview of GST
- Will Padmaavat be screened in Telangana?
- ICICI Bank chief said GDP growth for 2017-18 should also be in excess of 6.5%
- PM Narendra Modi spoke about recent Supreme Court judges' rebellion, GST, demonetization & Congress
- Scientists developed ultrathin electronic skin tattoos with hand gestures
- Share of TN government hospitals under the insurance scheme increased from 35.7% to 41.9%
- Bawana fire tragedy triggered a political blame game through social websites
- Anant Kumar Hegde plunged into another major firestorm with his controversy remark
- ISRO focuses on developing a reusable launch vehicle involving new technologies & Scramjet engine
- More Rickshaws ply in Vijayawada to cover short distance
- A chief minister's order to paint the town saffron!
- Pawan Kalyan begins Political Yatra with devotion!