Hyderabad sources have reported that Chilkur Balaji priest Soundara Rangarajan found fault with “English New Year” which is widely celebrated across the country. Meanwhile, he warned that he would make people squat if he finds anyone extending greetings to him or others marking the occasion. Further, he called upon people to celebrate New Year on Ugadi, which is the new year day for Telugu Hindus.
Rangarajan said "We should protect our culture and Sanatana Dharma. We should celebrate Ugadi as our new year. Ekadasi, Amavasya, Pournami, Karthika Masam, Dhanurmasam should be the occasions, but not December 31. For Marathas Gudipadwa is the traditional new year, Baisakhi for Punjabis, Deepawali is the new year for Gujaratis".
Moreover the priest, who is said to be a disciplined man known to instruct devotees to have darshan in traditional attire and avoid jeans and T-shirts. Furthermore, the popular belief goes that Lord Balaji in Chilkur is also revered as Visa God for aspirants who seek a visa to work abroad.
Hybrid much rarer than blue whales: Masson As per report the slaughter in Iceland of what is claimed was a member of the endangered species has triggered outrage and left experts puzzled about its true identity. Sea Shepherd, an international non-profit marine conservation movement, said in a statement that "There has not been a blue whale harpooned by anyone for the last 50 years until this one".
- Nawaz Sharifs Lawyers files an appeal against Accountability Court
- IMD forecasts Heavy Rain in Telangana for next 48 hours
- Ambanis net worth stood at $44.3 billion as per Bloomberg Billionaires Index
- Govt run temples in TN to get certification from Food Safety %Standards Authority of India
- Is there any motive behind Pakistan blast?
- Rahul Gandhi hit back at BJP
- Famous Jagannath Rath Yatra taken off in flying colors
- Mehbooba Mufti's predecessor & National Conference leader Omar Abdullah mocked at Mufti's warning
- Amit Shah chalked out Poll strategy for Telangana
- 6 died & 2 admitted in hospital after a gas leakage at Gerdau Steel plant
- Hyderabad school bans certain foods not to be brought for lunch
- Donald Trump ready to help NATO countries to buy US weapons
- Major controversy debate between BJP & Congress by Shashi Tharoor
- INDOFOS issued a warning of Heavy Rain for AP
- Osmania University makes new rule for PhD Thesis submitting students