Hyderabad sources have reported that Chilkur Balaji priest Soundara Rangarajan found fault with “English New Year” which is widely celebrated across the country. Meanwhile, he warned that he would make people squat if he finds anyone extending greetings to him or others marking the occasion. Further, he called upon people to celebrate New Year on Ugadi, which is the new year day for Telugu Hindus.
Rangarajan said "We should protect our culture and Sanatana Dharma. We should celebrate Ugadi as our new year. Ekadasi, Amavasya, Pournami, Karthika Masam, Dhanurmasam should be the occasions, but not December 31. For Marathas Gudipadwa is the traditional new year, Baisakhi for Punjabis, Deepawali is the new year for Gujaratis".
Moreover the priest, who is said to be a disciplined man known to instruct devotees to have darshan in traditional attire and avoid jeans and T-shirts. Furthermore, the popular belief goes that Lord Balaji in Chilkur is also revered as Visa God for aspirants who seek a visa to work abroad.
SHOCKING! Here After you can't buy Products at Lower Price on ONLINE SHOPPING SITES - Modi Govt changes Accounting System All of the leading e-commerce companies in India, such as Flipkart, Amazon, and Snapdeal, have been spending more money on marketing by reducing the prices and announcing discounts on their products. E-commerce firms, which spend on marketing and discounts, had always been deducting them from total revenues, presenting loss figure estimates and receiving tax concession. An explanation for this was sought by the Income Tax Department, From the leading companies like Flipkart and Amazon, to change
- Indian Navy's sailing boat INSV Tarini, with all women crew entered Port Stanley in the Falkland Islands
- Will UP become top developmental charts by 2022 when the state elects the next Assembly?
- Report says Collector Amrapali Kaata is going to get married soon
- Shocking: Union Oil Minister trying to bring petrol and diesel under the purview of GST
- Will Padmaavat be screened in Telangana?
- ICICI Bank chief said GDP growth for 2017-18 should also be in excess of 6.5%
- PM Narendra Modi spoke about recent Supreme Court judges' rebellion, GST, demonetization & Congress
- Scientists developed ultrathin electronic skin tattoos with hand gestures
- Share of TN government hospitals under the insurance scheme increased from 35.7% to 41.9%
- Bawana fire tragedy triggered a political blame game through social websites
- Anant Kumar Hegde plunged into another major firestorm with his controversy remark
- ISRO focuses on developing a reusable launch vehicle involving new technologies & Scramjet engine
- More Rickshaws ply in Vijayawada to cover short distance
- A chief minister's order to paint the town saffron!
- Pawan Kalyan begins Political Yatra with devotion!